Sign in to follow this  
Starrfoxx

(Fly! II) Taxiway Editor and Windowed Mode

Hello everyone!

I've been playing "Fly! II" for the past week, downloading some scenery, and also creating some scenery with Terramodels. I'm looking for "Taxiway Editor" by Peter A Jacobson, which I see referenced in several files (mostly by Wayne Roberts). I have not been able to find that program anywhere in the library. Can anyone help me find it?

Has anyone had any success in getting "Fly! II" to run in Windowed Mode? I see no option in the menus, nor the INI file. ALT + ENTER doesn't do anything, nor does adding "-w" or "-window" in the shortcut properties.

Hi,

I can't help with the windowed mode question but I do have the Taxiway editor.

Let me know where to send it and I will gladly send you the .zip file.

Colin

Thanks, Colin. I sent you a message.

I'm also hoping to find Terramodel 2.1, which I think works with the original "Fly!". I have the 2K special edition, and it's very good -- however not having the ability to add scenery is going to be a bit of a letdown.

Hi,

I've sent the taxiway stuff for you.

I don't recall Terramodels, maybe Randall can help out? You are not talking about TerraScene by any chance?

Colin

TerraScene is another one that I'm looking for. I'm not able to find that one in the library, either.

Hi Starrfoxx,

You may or may not be aware of this but back around nearly 10 yrs ago, AVSIM System and Library was viciously hacked and subsequently many files were lost throughout the library. Although AVSIM was able to recover quite an amount of files, the FLY! and Fly! II stuff were hit by this quite badly. In attempting to help reconcile this, many of us tried to upload missing files we happened to have. AVSIM Library Managers - for copyright reasons - wouldn't permit this **unless** one were able to get positive proof from the original creator of missing file. Soooo... Many authors were no longer available by their accounts nor given emails, and what few were either uploaded their creations or provided positive proof to someone who had those creations backed up. Now, I have the original Fly!2K set which **Should** have included with it the original TerraScene and Sky! programs on its CDs. 

WINDOWED MODE

Because Fly!, Fly!2K and Fly! II were from the late 90's to 2001, none were designed for "Windowed mode" as WIndows 95/98/Millennium Ed. (as far as I recall) didn't offer this feature. You might search through the forum here on such topic, but I am fairly certain there will not be an answer. 😞 

I MAY have TerraModels, but since my external backup HDD took a fall to the floor last year, I have been unable to access / recover any files. But I will search through what backup CDs I still have and see if I can be of help there. Also, a couple of "tools" from ROTW should still be available from their website. Sceneries and aircraft still were last time I checked.

Cheers,

Ken

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hi Starfoxx,

Better late than never, as they say...... I've only just seen your post.

I have TerraScene 1 & 2 and also Sky! if you haven't already got hold of them.

I downloaded lots of 'stuff' in the days when Fly! and Fly!2 were really popular and I haven't deleted anything. I'm afraid my filing system wasn't very logical so some things take a bit of finding:-)

If there's anything you need, drop me a message and I will see if I can find it.

Cheers

Colin

Edited by colins2
added a line

QUOTE: "Has anyone had any success in getting "Fly! II" to run in Windowed Mode? I see no option in the menus, nor the INI file. ALT + ENTER doesn't do anything, nor does adding "-w" or "-window" in the shortcut properties."

Unfortunately, "windowed mode" was never implemented for Fly! II.

QUOTE: "I'm also hoping to find Terramodel 2.1, which I think works with the original "Fly!". I have the 2K special edition, and it's very good -- however not having the ability to add scenery is going to be a bit of a letdown."

Okay. I couldn't find my file of TerraModels, but - if you go into the Library main page and click on the Extended Search button, then in the box marked Author, type in Allen Kriesman and you'll find the TerraModels files. The TerraModels 2.1 file is the Texture Pack.  Now I honestly cannot remember if it worked with Fly! II since TRI had revamped the scenery display routines. But I do think Taxiway did, and Wayne Roberts was the Go to guy on their usage in the day. 🙂

Cheers,

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

I wasn't aware of these topics - been a little busy with other things..

• I have TerraModels 2.2 if still needed.  I believe it was only compatible with Fly!2.
  • It looks like Colin supplied you  with TerraScene.  What may not be readily available these days is the USGS data files, as that was taken down by the US gov. a while back.  I do have copies of most of that data on CD's and have made copies for others in the past.

Randall Rocke