Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Logbook App for P3D

Are there any good logbook apps for P3D and preferably XP?  Payware is fine.  I've been using project fly to track my flights/hours ect but I have questions to its longevity.  I don't need crazy features but everything I search seems to bring me to things that add a "career" with it.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

I've been using Mouseviator for several years. It's available at Simmarket. Lots of nice features including import/export, editing, etc.

I saw some where about smartCARS by TFDI.  It looks similar to projectfly but you have to pay for it.  Reading through the website it seems like the primary focus is virtual airlines but maybe some one who uses it could give some more info.

Dan

Daniel

4 hours ago, yurei said:

I've been using Mouseviator for several years. It's available at Simmarket. Lots of nice features including import/export, editing, etc.

This looks like more of a logbook editor?  Or am I mis-reading the description?  It would be super cool for it to pull directly off the sims logbook.  Is this more of a log book aggregator?

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

8 minutes ago, pegruder said:

This looks like more of a logbook editor?  Or am I mis-reading the description?  It would be super cool for it to pull directly off the sims logbook.  Is this more of a log book aggregator?

Yes, you are correct. More of a log book editor/analysis/reporting tool. 

5 minutes ago, yurei said:

Yes, you are correct. More of a log book editor/analysis/reporting tool. 

Gotcha, this may work.  I just wish someone would have something like a project fly - but in app only.  Things like flight replay are cool, but not needed.  Heck maybe Ill just do a paper/excel based logbook and call it a day.  Its just easier when its done automatically.

• Upvote 1

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

For FSX/P3D I have been using LogEdit3 (v3.0.2.2).  It is available as a free download here in the Avsim Library.  Nice little utility written by Dan Downs, who works with the PMDG crowd.  Check it out.

Edited by dmiannay
  • Like 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

You might have a look at the freeware Logedit3 from Dan Downs (in the Avsim File Library).

Edit: You both were 2 mins faster 😁

Edited by meerkat

I'll have to play with these more but so far I'm not a huge fan.  Could be im just not familiar with the UI's yet.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

I'm using https://fshub.io/ !!

It's easy to set up and tracks every flight with all performance data - visual route - great logbook !!

...is definitely worth a look !

greetings

ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

3 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

I'm using https://fshub.io/ !!

It's easy to set up and tracks every flight with all performance data - visual route - great logbook !!

...is definitely worth a look !

greetings

ggerolamo

Is this still web based though?  Or can it be used with just a stand alone client?  I want to get away from any web based solutions.  Most of those will cost recurring fees, if not for the user, definitely for whoever is hosting as datacenter hosting typically isnt free.  This usually means these sites don't last.  Sim buddy was another I used and that went away.  This is too niche of a hobby for these types of sites to last.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Alt menu -> Analysis->Pilot Records

That should be good enough

Althought it logs a lot flight at 2017-5-30 that I just use to test add-on, scenery etc.....

Yep, the whole thing is web-based !
If you want a cool offline logbook, have a look at 
"Where are my aircraft?" (WAMA) from LORBY-SI!

http://www.lorby-si.com/products.html

greetings

ggerolamo

• Like 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

So after some searching I was about to just go spreadsheet style, but I decided on this site: myflightbook.com.  Nothing is tracked automatically which I'm ok with, I'd rather have something separate at this point, which I could also download to a spreadsheet if needed.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS