Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

simwestSOCAL Halloween Sale

simwestSOCAL_Spooky_Sale.jpg

simwestSOCAL Spooky Sale

simwest wants to celebrate one of our favorite holidays by giving an opportunity for sim pilots to enjoy flying throughout Southern California, USA at an exceptional value.  Since Halloween falls on October 31st we are offering simwestSOCAL now through October 31st at a discount of 31%!

simwestFOTOREAL series takes the typical, flat photoreal scenery and kicks it up a notch by hand-crafting millions of custom placed buildings, vegetation, night lighting and even seasonal winter snow in mountains to take you to the next level of immersion.

An intro video can be seen at:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPCqUXq7vVN74GXFHGFMxIQ

You can get your copy of simwestSOCAL exclusively at the Store at Flightsim.com

https://store.flightsim.com/product/simwest-southern-california-for-fsx-p3d/

Designed for both P3D and FSX versions, the simwest goal is simple - provide performance, immersion and enjoyment.

• Like 2

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

How's this compare to other SOCAL sceneries?

Edited by udidwht

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

MSE SoCal is one competing scenery.  I have that one plus have Orbx SoCal.  Orbx SoCal has many compatibility problems that extend from KLAX to KLAS (Las Vegas).  Once you fix the compatibility problems, Orbx SoCal is great.  I do not like programs that you have to manually fix after purchase though.  They know the issues and could easily update the scenery.  MSE SoCal V3 is the one I use and I really like it.  I don't care for Autogen or trees though.  So unrealistic.  Some of the trees and autogen is bigger than buildings and trees in the area.  But I guess it gives a sense of realism when at lower altitudes.

I have not tried SimWest SoCal but, looking at the images that come with the product and video, it appears to be on the same level as MSE SoCal.  MSE SoCal is awesome if you turn off Hyper-Threading in the BIOS to get rid of the blurries.  I'm sure SimWest's version would look the same.  With a discount of 31% I would suspect SimWest wins as MSE SoCal is about $30.  SimWest's version is currently about $21 with the 31% discount.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10