Sign in to follow this  
VBHB

Equivalents to Majestic Q400.

So I've been hammering around the skies in the Pro version and love the engagement of the aircraft. Anything jet that is just engaging? Looking for mid to long range if possible.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

TFdi 717 good?

11 minutes ago, VBHB said:

TFdi 717 good?

Not that level. I'd go for maddog x or FSL A320 for short/mid range PMDG 777/747 for long

Edited by ha5mvo

FSL A320 is $250 AUD.  Yeah no way.  Unless I can get it cheaper elsewhere?

I'll have a look.  Since the Australian dollar is so bad any 'prestige' products are very expensive.  I have the QW787 which is good but very basic maybe have to go Aerosoft A320 which I heard is basic too.  

I don't think you will find what you are looking for at a knock down price.

Your original question set the bar very high and there are not many in the same league.

None of them are cheap. 

Q400 Pro cost me $100 bucks AUD.  Get ALOT for that price, it is very good value.  $250 AUD is in the realm of ripoff even if it has more computing power than the Apollo moon landing.  Anyways I'll keep vibrating across the skies in my Q400.

Edited by VBHB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, VBHB said:

FSL A320 is $250 AUD.  Yeah no way.  Unless I can get it cheaper elsewhere?

I'm afraid you can't. 

All the addons I had mentioned, plus the q400 you already posses, are in a league of their own but as you say - this comes at a price.

Anything else would fall under "basic".

• Like 1

Although it is short range and "old", I keep coming back to the Coolsky DC9 which

is a remarkable aircraft model that has stood the test of time as well as any aircraft

model that I have ever owned, it looks to be just over 70 AUD.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

Get the Maddog 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yep! Leonardo's Fly The Maddog X. Totally absorbing. And there's an FS2 Crew available if you want a first officer to handle the plumbing while you fly. A total replication of the real aircraft with support second to none. Their forum is filled with guys with real world experience in the MD80.

• Like 2

Vic green

To use the term many here hate, it sounds like you have acquired a taste for study level aircraft.  Unfortunately they are not cheap.  I would highly recommend you invest in the PMDG 747.  I like it so much I even fly it often on short hauls.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I bought the FSLabs A320 several years ago (US $) when it was first released.  It's excellent payware and I really like it.  I also have their Concorde.  But now, no matter how many times I carefully I try install the latest A320 update, I keep getting CTD's. (No response to my support ticket.)

I do that find their installation methods are time consuming, and loading can be very temperamental.  (FYI, FSLabs).  

Here is another vote for the MD80 by Leonardo. 🙂

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Hi Pete  -  The iFly 737 is very good value. I think about 115 AUD at Flight1. I've had it a long time and have just come back to it and am enjoying it in P3D4.5.  Its very stable on my system and works well with my hardware.  There are a wide range of models 600/700/800/900 plus business jets with tons of downloadable liveries in the Flight1 library plus a couple of useful utilities there as well.  It has a good config manager to set up state of the aircraft/load/fuel etc.  I've had many hours of enjoyment flying it.  Its here:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=iflyp3d

Rich Cooke