Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Unrealistic VFR clearence

I filed a flight plan from ESGP Säve to ESMG Feringe. I also enabled real time weather (both in P2A and Xplane11). Then the filed flight plan was assigned 3500 ft altitude. And that altitude got me inside clouds which would mean no approved VFR. I think that P2A here should assign me a lower altitude below the clouds. I have also find that it is not possible to manually select a altitude lower than 3500 ft. Why ?

Another question. I made the plan a direct ESGP to ESMG and that took the route just in front of the runway of ESGG Landvetter with airliner traffic. Would this be approved in real life ? It seem risky to fly where airliners are landing and departing.

The altitude that populates the Flight Plan is taken from the last Flight Plan, not assigned by ATC.  When you enter an altitude, it is affected by several settings in Config.

P2ASetUp:  Calculate Safe Enroute Altitude - Will force a higher altitude if terrain is a factor

ATC Settings: Several settings for Minimum AGL might affect the lowest altitude you are allowed to get

Flt Pln: ATC Ignores Bearing Based Altitude if checked will allow you to enter any altitude without regard to the common East/West - Odd/Even altitude rules.

Once the Config is set up properly, you will be able to select whatever altitude you like.

On the runway selection, by default, the program looks at winds, runway length, runway proximity, etc to assign a runway.  It does not look at the type of aircraft you are flying. 

You can set the Departure and Arrival runways in the Flight Planner.  Open the SID window and check the Force Dep Rwy box, select your desired runway and press the Set Runway button.  You can do a similar selection in the Approach or STAR window to select the Arrival runway.

Dave

4 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

The altitude that populates the Flight Plan is taken from the last Flight Plan, not assigned by ATC.  When you enter an altitude, it is affected by several settings in Config.

P2ASetUp:  Calculate Safe Enroute Altitude - Will force a higher altitude if terrain is a factor

ATC Settings: Several settings for Minimum AGL might affect the lowest altitude you are allowed to get

Flt Pln: ATC Ignores Bearing Based Altitude if checked will allow you to enter any altitude without regard to the common East/West - Odd/Even altitude rules.

Once the Config is set up properly, you will be able to select whatever altitude you like.

On the runway selection, by default, the program looks at winds, runway length, runway proximity, etc to assign a runway.  It does not look at the type of aircraft you are flying. 

You can set the Departure and Arrival runways in the Flight Planner.  Open the SID window and check the Force Dep Rwy box, select your desired runway and press the Set Runway button.  You can do a similar selection in the Approach or STAR window to select the Arrival runway.

Dave

The bearing based altitude might explain something. If the altitude should be odd * 1000 + 500 then 1500 might be an issue since I pass over part of Gothenburgh. I have taken a flight tour around the area in a real Cessna. We flew at 1500 ft. I was told that if we should fly over Gothenburg that would not be allowed since we must be able to glide out of the city in case of engine failure so they would use 2000 ft.

You misunderstand 'runway selection'. It has nothing to do about that. It was about passing close to the runway of Landvetter airport (not my departure airport Säve) on the route to Feringe. Would such route be approved instead of directing me away from traffic to and from Landvetter ?

P2A does not yet implement Airport Control Areas completely, so a controller will not "violate" you for passing through uncontrolled airspace without permission.

That said, as in the real world, it is up to the pilot to avoid controlled airspace on VFR Flights.  The only thing not implemented is getting a violation and being yelled at if you do enter controlled airspace without the proper clearance.  There is actually a call to request permission to enter Bravo airspace, but if you forget to ask, nothing happens.

Airspace rules vary from region to region, so this interaction is on the list for future enhancements, but is not yet implemented.

You should plan your flight to either go around the airport airspace, or fly over it at an altitude above the controlled airspace.  You can add User waypoints to accomplish this.

I was recently trying to do a Bravo Transition from KWAY to KYNG through KPIT bravo airspace.

Contacting KPIT approach and Cleveland Center using the ?+ dialog box to enter in all the correct data would not get a response back.

MSFS, NaviGraph Charts & FMS, Pilot2ATC, FsHub
R5 3600X ,RTX 2060S, 32GB, SSD

On 2/10/2020 at 2:46 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

P2A does not yet support VFR Airspace control.  It's on the list for future enhancements.

\

Thanks. There a VFR transition in the PDF scripts pinned to the front page. I just assumed they where currently supported. Thanks for the great product.

MSFS, NaviGraph Charts & FMS, Pilot2ATC, FsHub
R5 3600X ,RTX 2060S, 32GB, SSD