Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

How to move my AIG model/flightplan directory to a different PC

Hey guys,

As the title suggest, how do I move my current or reuse the same directory (even copy is fine) on a different system with Prepar3d.

I have 32gb of AIG data (all of it), and I do not want to redownload again on the new system.  How can I use the some directory again.  I tried copying and ran the new installer - pointed where the OCI AIGAIM folder is and it does not even read it and then at times just deletes it.

Any ideas? I tried looking on their site for any post but I did not find my solution.  I was reusing my directory before what happened?

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I have my AI Aircraft along with effects and textures folders on a separate drive linked to P3D with Lorby's addon installer. It works fine. The only thing to remember is to copy your traffic .bgl files in your scenery / world / scenery whilst you are changing things around as that remains the directory for those files to be placed in and you don't want to lose them.

Ian S

38.jpg

To move the OCI Addon to a new PC:

1) Make a backup of your original files

2) Setup AIM-OCI on your new PC

3) Copy the directories (Effects, Scripts, SimObjects, Sound, Texture and Traffic Files) to the new location and replace the empty folders

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

1 hour ago, Kaiii3 said:

To move the OCI Addon to a new PC:

1) Make a backup of your original files

2) Setup AIM-OCI on your new PC

3) Copy the directories (Effects, Scripts, SimObjects, Sound, Texture and Traffic Files) to the new location and replace the empty folders

That is exactly what I have been doing but AIM-OCI deletes 32gb of data.  I will try again. 

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

have you copied the configuration directory as well? In this case you are corrupting your OCI installation and AIM is unable to repair it an deletes it

In the AIM manager under the Tools tab, in the configuration you can direct it to your AIGAIM-OCI folder, the one with all these files (Effects, Scripts, SimObjects, Sound, Texture and Traffic Files)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Where is the config directory?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

2 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

Where is the config directory?

directly inside your OCI-Installtion Directory

Is there a tutorial on how to reinstall after reinstalling P3DV4.5,without re downloading everything?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

30 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

Is there a tutorial on how to reinstall after reinstalling P3DV4.5,without re downloading everything?

Make a Backup of the OCI-Directory. Then start AIM, in the best case AIM will add the Addon directory automatically to prepar3d.

If this has not been working do the steps I have posted above. Make sure you do not delete the Backup!

On 10/20/2019 at 4:42 AM, Skywolf said:

As the title suggest, how do I move my current or reuse the same directory (even copy is fine) on a different system with Prepar3d.

Be sure to restore your original AI Lights via the AI Lights Reborn configuration panel before moving your AI package..😉

S.

Thank's for the reply's,but I have uninstalled P3D,and gone back to XP11 no time to deal with this sim anymore.......