Sign in to follow this  
G-RFRY

MK Studios DUBLIN Released

6 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

MK makes an odd request in the config tool, other than disabling the usual ORBX Ireland EIDW files they ask to disable the following file:

Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_IRL_08_CUSTOM\scenery seasons_FTX_UK+IRL.bgl

I've never seen that before. Won't that impact the appearance of seasons in the rest of the Ireland ORBX region?

Lee

This is if you have ORBX installed on a link to the sim and not in the sim install, As the installer will do this if ORBX is installed in the main sim folders.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

9 minutes ago, rjfry said:

This is if you have ORBX installed on a link to the sim and not in the sim install, As the installer will do this if ORBX is installed in the main sim folders.

Probably because I now have most of my ORBX installed via the XML method. However, what regulates seasons in the rest of Ireland outside of EIDW. or does it matter?

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

7 hours ago, wsmeier said:

Speaking of the AFD, I'm finding that any AI assigned to Runway 28 for takeoff are taxiing to the holding point and just staying there, regardless of whether there are other aircraft on the approach path. I've watched it for a long time, and so far I haven't seen a single AI aircraft take off from that runway. They simply disappear when their time runs out. Runway 34 departures work fine.

I've tried modifying the AFD to add some taxi links to the start point but haven't had any luck. That's probably because I don't have all that much experience with ADE.

Anyone else seeing this?

Run the fault finder. That will check if anything critical is missing. I do find it odd that a developer will go to extraordinary lengths to make an airport as realistic as possible but then spend little time ensuring the AFD is error free and contains all the parking positions.

In all my years of buying airport scenery I can only recall a fault-free AFD on one occasion.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Run the fault finder.

Thanks for the advice, Ray! I'd forgotten about the fault finder.

Walter Meier

11 hours ago, wsmeier said:

I'm finding that any AI assigned to Runway 28 for takeoff are taxiing to the holding point and just staying there,

I found an answer to this issue after Ray pointed me to the fault finder (Thanks, Ray!). I was on the right track when I created the new taxi links, but in doing so, the holding point ended up too far away from the runway start point. After moving things a bit closer, I now have AI taking off from 28. I hope others who may encounter the issue will see this.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Walter Meier

@wsmeier, please point this out to the developers if you can. It's so depressing that basic errors like this are made in commercial software. A replacement AFD should be made available.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@wsmeier, please point this out to the developers if you can. It's so depressing that basic errors like this are made in commercial software. A replacement AFD should be made available.

You're very right. I have bought Dublin but I intend to wait for an update until everything has been ironed out. I really hate the whole uninstall/reinstall routine.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

40 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

You're very right. I have bought Dublin but I intend to wait for an update until everything has been ironed out. I really hate the whole uninstall/reinstall routine.

You shouldn't need to do anything except replace the current AFD with the updated one. Any moving mao software will need updating such as Electronic Flight Map but that's easy enough.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@wsmeier, please point this out to the developers if you can

Done! They no longer have a forum, but they do have a "contact us" page on their website.

Edit: Just heard back from Mateusz at MK Studios. He's aware of the problem and it will be fixed in v. 1.01

Edited by wsmeier
New info
  • Like 2

Walter Meier

So, are you saying that there is a problem with AI planes using Runway 28 with the version of the AFD file shipped with the package? If so, is it simply because the hold short node does not intersect the AFD runway?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

@Christopher Low, from memory the Hold Short point needs to be within 75 feet of the runway. Further away and Ai don’t operate correctly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The radius of the hold short circle needs to intersect the AFD runway for AI planes to operate correctly. I am just curious to know if this is the reason why AI planes are not operating properly when using Runway 28 at MK Studios Dublin. If so, then it is a very simple fix. I will check the AFD file when I get home.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You shouldn't need to do anything except replace the current AFD with the updated one. Any moving mao software will need updating such as Electronic Flight Map but that's easy enough.

Sure, but I assume there's more that may need to be addressed. It's been too often that I installed a new piece of scenery, only to find that I have to reinstall to get a new version. Admittedly, with sceneries not as much as aircraft addons, but still...

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I have pushed the hold short node quite a bit closer to the runway, but I am still not able to get AI planes to depart from runway 28 :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I have pushed the hold short node quite a bit closer to the runway, but I am still not able to get AI planes to depart from runway 28 :huh:

In afcad for the airport, double click the Hold_Short node (red dot) to open up the hold_short editor and change the hold-short Type to "Hold_Short_No_Draw." If the type is already given that designation by developer, go ahead and try just "Hold_Short." AI's get confused with the hold-short type designation just before the rwy and tend not to take-off even though cleared by ATC.

• Upvote 1

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com