Sign in to follow this  
G-RFRY

MK Studios DUBLIN Released

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Sure, but I assume there's more that may need to be addressed. It's been too often that I installed a new piece of scenery, only to find that I have to reinstall to get a new version. Admittedly, with sceneries not as much as aircraft addons, but still...

When the developer has a new AFD it will probably be available as a separate download on your account. It will be a single file to replace the existing one. It’s as easy as that.

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I have pushed the hold short node quite a bit closer to the runway, but I am still not able to get AI planes to depart from runway 28 :huh:

Odd. It is very close to 34 which always struck me as unusual. What does fault finder say. I haven’t bought it yet.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 10/21/2019 at 1:31 PM, Jude Bradley said:

Technially, Santry 🙂

Pfft...northsiders. :biggrin:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

When the developer has a new AFD it will probably be available as a separate download on your account. It will be a single file to replace the existing one. It’s as easy as that.

I understand 🙂 I mean there are likely to be other fixes unrelated to the AFD. I simply prefer to wait for the first updates to drop, as I usually do with any product.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

10 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I understand 🙂 I mean there are likely to be other fixes unrelated to the AFD. I simply prefer to wait for the first updates to drop, as I usually do with any product.

That’s why I tend to wait before buying. Once the first patch is out that’s the time to buy. You early adopters are still testing it. 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

The radius of the hold short circle needs to intersect the AFD runway for AI planes to operate correctly.

Yes, that's correct, they just have to touch to runway. Always fun getting new scenery and editing the ADE before even trying it out. For me, it was to rename all of the spots from Small_Med_Heavy gates to Ramp_GA and use proper sizing. Shame too as I had my Aerosoft version looking and running pretty sweet.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I like the MK Studios Dublin but feel dynamic ground vehicles need to be there to make it feel "alive" - noticed this when flying EIDW to FlightBeam EDDN - (lots of ground activity on landing and taxi to gate adds to the simulation)

Edited by julian46
add

12 hours ago, Toktok said:

In afcad for the airport, double click the Hold_Short node (red dot) to open up the hold_short editor and change the hold-short Type to "Hold_Short_No_Draw." If the type is already given that designation by developer, go ahead and try just "Hold_Short." AI's get confused with the hold-short type designation just before the rwy and tend not to take-off even though cleared by ATC.

I had never considered that changing from "Draw" to "No Draw" could make a difference, so I will try that tonight. I have tweaked/modified/built literally hundreds of AFD files in my time, and never encountered this particular problem before.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, that trick did not work here. My AI planes refuse to move from the runway 28 hold short point.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

19 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Well, that trick did not work here. My AI planes refuse to move from the runway 28 hold short point.

That's odd. Is the particular rwy ILS or non ILS? If it is ILS, then try change Type to non ILS. (Note that changing from ILS to non ILS only affects AI traffic). Also make sure to reverse "Forward" orientation to see if that makes any difference. If you haven't yet, extend taxiway width (leading up to hold short point) by a few meters to allow for smooth AI traffic flow.   

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

I have just managed to get it to work, but I had to move the hold short forward to only half the normal distance. The problem with this is that the AI planes hold short WAY past the hold short markings on the taxiway. Workable, but hardly desirable.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The problem with this is that the AI planes hold short WAY past the hold short markings on the taxiway. Workable, but hardly desirable.

Now this is another option to try,  widen or lengthen the runway to make them still hold at the line in the scenery. I've used this method at FSDT CYVR for years as the hold lines are far back at C on 26L, but it doesn't change how the scenery looks. It might look funny in ADE, but easy to get used to when the AI works properly.

• Upvote 2

Thanks, Dave! That worked, and I now have AI planes departing on runway 28 after holding short very close to the HS markings on the ground.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Perfect! 16 could use the same treatment as the hold lines are too far away as well. 

• Upvote 1

I increased the width of runway 16/34 from 61m to 75m as part of my adjustments for 10/28, so I will check to see if it works.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

Now this is another option to try,  widen or lengthen the runway to make them still hold at the line in the scenery. I've used this method at FSDT CYVR for years as the hold lines are far back at C on 26L, but it doesn't change how the scenery looks. It might look funny in ADE, but easy to get used to when the AI works properly.

Man, that is an excellent suggestion! Thanks for posting!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case