Sign in to follow this  
G-RFRY

MK Studios DUBLIN Released

I have just completed a short test circuit at the airport, and everything was normal. However, I noticed that several sections of taxiway centreline are misaligned and/or slightly sloppy. I hope that MK Studios can correct these aswell.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I see that version 1.01 is available at SimMarket. This is the list of fixes/updates....

- Multiple PBR texture improvements,
- More customization options available in the installer,
- Jetblasts added,
- Added construction area along the taxiway F2 and F3,
- Lamp PBR material problem fixed,
- Animated vehicles added,
- Bay power plant rescaled,
- Improved SODE jetway positions,
- improved AFCAD stand positions,
- AFCAD Stand: 311C replaced with two 311R and 311L,
- AFCAD Stand: 409L added,
- AFCAD Stand: Double 201 fixed,
- AFCAD Stand: Cargo ramp stands on apron SOUTH changed to regular parking,
- Few mistakes for stand/taxiway naming mistakes corrected,
- Added stopbars for stand 411L,
- Fixed problem where AI won't take off from RWY 28,
- Improved airport vehicles placement,
- Taxiway signs night texture fixed,
- Ambient occlusion improvements on few textures,
- Tower night texture improved,
- Jetways and other elements divided into two SODE files to allow GSX V2 to deactivate jetways,
- New GSX configuration file modified and redone by CARTAYNA FILES.

A full reinstall is required.
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I suspected they would bring out an update that`s why I waited before doing to much with ADE. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I doubt that they will have done much more with the AFD file than I have already done. It's the other improvements that I will be keen to see.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

By the way, does this package include the PoolBeg chimneys? They are outside the main area, but I seem to remember having to do something to get the default chimneys to appear when I had the Aerosoft version of Dublin installed in P3D v3.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

By the way, does this package include the PoolBeg chimneys? They are outside the main area, but I seem to remember having to do something to get the default chimneys to appear when I had the Aerosoft version of Dublin installed in P3D v3.

I'm guessing so:

- Bay power plant rescaled

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Not sure what to make of this adjustment. As far as I am aware, those stands at the South Apron should be cargo ramps....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 10/22/2019 at 10:22 PM, Holdit said:

Pfft...northsiders. :biggrin:

If I said I was from Skerries, would it make it easier? 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

59 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Not sure what to make of this adjustment. As far as I am aware, those stands at the South Apron should be cargo ramps....

If you look at Google maps/satellite pictures you will see that there are 2 Norwegian's and an EI aircraft parked.. and those are definitely not cargo aircraft.

So dual use I guess..,,

b rdgs / Dick

Dual use is easy to configure with ADE. Just define them as Gate/Ramp Cargo, and add the relevant airline codes. Then you can have both types parking there as required.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

• The version 1.01 solution to the runway 28 problem is to drag the HS node much closer to the runway. It solves the problem, but the airliners are holding short WAY past the HS ground markings.
  • Gate 311L is defined as "626R" in the new AFD file.
  • There are still plenty of extra gates that could be used.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

As far as I am aware, those stands at the South Apron should be cargo ramps....

It really doesn't matter what type of parking they are labeled as, as long as the radius and airline code is correct for what is going to use those spots.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

That's true, but you need to make sure that you have all of the airline codes accounted for. If you are missing a particular cargo airline code, then any cargo plane from that particular airline may park at some remote stand, rather than the cargo area where it is supposed to be. Not a disaster, but it's always useful to have all bases covered :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You bet, I normally check my traffic files with AIFP to show what carriers operate the each airport while working on the ADE and add an appropriate code so that none are missing. Pretty sure at EIDW though that the spots where NAX/IBK park used to be a Cargo ramp but was changed for Norwegian's expansion a few years ago. The freighters park on the west side of 16/34 on the remote ramp. 

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:
  • The version 1.01 solution to the runway 28 problem is to drag the HS node much closer to the runway. It solves the problem, but the airliners are holding short WAY past the HS ground markings.

In that case, isn't your / TokTok's solution (widen the runway) much better?

I say that because I assume the xml runway will not show anyway, as it is hidden by the ground poly.

That holding short too far from the centerline node is a problem that's been around a long time.  I think when I encountered it, I just moved the HS closer, even though in real life it wasn't that close.  Today, with a ground poly scenery, we can hide our AFD shenanigans, I would think.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB