Sign in to follow this  
G-RFRY

MK Studios DUBLIN Released

52 minutes ago, Mace said:

In that case, isn't your / TokTok's solution (widen the runway) much better?

It is indeed the better way to go.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Minor Update released......

MK_EIDW_101a.zip
Updated Installer

This fixes a possible bug where double files were installed for ground vehicles that could result in a small performance drop ONLY if you use the HIGH vehicle density option when installing.

Manual file removal is also possible. In this case you may navigate to the MKSTUDIOS/MK_Dublin4/Scenery folder and remove vehicles_light.bgl file.

MK STUDIOS
Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I just bought Dublin but the installer doesn't seem to activate the install. The install location is default under the Ecosystem folder, and it includes an add_on.xml file but I don't get a dialog to enable the scenery when launching p3d. 

Did it work for you by installing it on the default location? 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

21 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Did it work for you by installing it on the default location? 

I've installed it twice now, once in the default location and the next was where I wanted to have it. Both times, the sim didn't ask me if I wanted to enable the addon. That being said, it has worked flawlessly both times.

Why would you get a message to enable the scenery when launching P3D? It should have been automatically enabled during the installation. Check your Scenery Library for a "greyed out" (and activated) Dublin airport entry.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ok! False alarm! For some reason it wouldn't appear no matter how many times I'd restart the sim. But upon restating Windows, it worked perfectly. Thank you @Dave_YVR and @Christopher Low for helping me out 🙂 

It looks amazing. The only thing I seem to miss is more autogen (trees, cars) close to the perimeter of the airport, very important factor on approaches. 

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

For some strange reason, I noticed that only Faib Boeing 738 (Ryanair for instance) won't take off from rnwy 28. They line up and just stand there and then eventually dissappear. No issue with other planes whatsoever. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 hour ago, Johnny19 said:

For some strange reason, I noticed that only Faib Boeing 738 (Ryanair for instance) won't take off from rnwy 28. They line up and just stand there and then eventually dissappear. No issue with other planes whatsoever. 

I don't own the scenery, but from experience on this kind of runway HS's and editing freeware airports with ADE, if you stretch RW 28 a few meters, ai traffic will depart (try 10 mts and test, if it doesn't work try another 10 and so on). The only thing is that the length of it would be unrealistic.

Sergio Naiberg

I am using my modified v1.00 AFD file for this airport, so I am not sure if the following issues have been fixed in v1.01. However, I noticed this afternoon that taxiway Sierra is not designated (it is defined as BLANK), and that Gate 615 is designated as 615R. I have corrected these in my version of the AFD file.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi guys I thought Id chip in here after buying MK-Studios Dublin a couple of weeks ago.  When I got it the current version was 1.01a which included the so called fix for AI aircraft not taking off on Runway 28.  They either stopped at the hold short and remained there or moved onto the threshold and got stuck there resulting in all landing aircraft to go-around.  I tried some tweaks mentioned here and managed to get it to sort of work better but not all the time.  I was using UTL but with FLAI aircraft injected into it.  Version 1.02 has just come out so I uninstalled 1.01a, installed 1.02 but still had the same problem, I disabled the tweaks I had done in ADE by renaming all the EIDW files it had created.  I also removed FLAI as I had noticed I often got ntdll crashes.  Still the same problem.  The first aircraft might take off fine but then all others just freeze.  Going to contact the developer 😞

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

3 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

When I got it the current version was 1.01a which included the so called fix for AI aircraft not taking off on Runway 28.  They either stopped at the hold short and remained there or moved onto the threshold and got stuck there resulting in all landing aircraft to go-around.

Try this ADE from one of the guys at AIG, he's an ADE guru and does incredible work.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=31599.0

• Like 1

I added quite a few parking spots, and modified a handful of existing ones. I also enabled AI planes to use runway 10/28, added the "S" designation to taxiway Sierra, and tweaked one or two other taxiway sections for smoother turns of AI planes. It is inevitable that different simmers will want slightly different AFD parking spot arrangements/definitions to suit their own requirements, but it still puzzles me why MK Studios omitted so many potential parking spots from the included AFD file. Like many users, I have lots of AI planes operating in and out of the large airports, and I need as many parking spots as possible!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I bought this airport last night, it had 2 DL's a 101a that I did not use

I installed and used 102.

Whats what?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Whats what?

101a is just an older version. 102 was released about 5 days ago.

• Like 1

Do MK Studios even have a support system as I contacted them on Thursday about the issues of Runway 28 still existing and they have not replied in any shape or form?

Yes I can make it work using ADE but I shouldn't have to do that.  Their website has a simple contact form, no forums or support ticket system from what I can see.

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson