Sign in to follow this  
G-RFRY

MK Studios DUBLIN Released

Mk studios DUBLIN Released today, purchased and downloading now. from SimMarket. 

Performance good two option medium and heavy I loaded the heavy without static aircraft FPS good, blends in well with ORBX Ireland scenery. 

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I have just purchased and downloaded it. I really hope that it worls with my PlayHorizon VFR Photographic Scenery Volume 9 Republic of Ireland East....

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, rjfry said:

Mk studios DUBLIN Released today, purchased and downloading now. from SimMarket. 

Performance good two option medium and heavy I loaded the heavy without static aircraft FPS good, blends in well with ORBX Ireland scenery. 

Thanks for reporting. I'm a bit hesitant buying new scenery, but Dublin... maybe

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I have just purchased and downloaded it. I really hope that it worls with my PlayHorizon VFR Photographic Scenery Volume 9 Republic of Ireland East....

review notes please Chris!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, rjfry said:

I'll be following you shortly 🙂

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

4 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

review notes please Chris!

It will work with PlayHorizon Photographic Scenery Volume 9 Republic of Ireland East. However, a few important notes.....

• The Horizon mesh needs to be disabled, otherwise there are elevation problems short of runway 28
  • The excl_water.bgl file needs to be removed, otherwise a large area of Dublin Bay (and further up the coast) is covered with default landclass textures
  • The PlayHorizon photoscenery textures are significantly brighter than the MK Studios terrain textures

On a side note, it is also worth noting.......

• The ground marking for Gate 409L reads "409R"
  • The AFD file defines Gate 626 as "625"
  • The AFD file defines Gate 625 as "621"

Would it be possible to only disable the PlayHorizon mesh BGL for the Dublin airport area, and keep the higher resolution terrain mesh for the rest of Ireland East?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I note that three parking spots on the cargo ramp have the NAX (Norwegian Air Shuttle) airline code in the AFD file. Is this correct? It seems an odd place for Norwegian 737s to be parking....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I fired up the old Aerosoft version for a last look before installing MK Dublin and I can say that MK's Dublin is certainly a huge step up. Ground texture resolution inside the airport grounds is actually better than Aerosoft and for the approach is a lower resolution photoground used, which is still giving a satisfying impression. Modeling of the buildings that I can see from airside is superb and I can not complain much about the other buildings. Ground textures, markings, and signs are very nice. Performance with full AIG AI traffic is perfect and it does blend very well with FTX Ireland.

What do I miss? Animated ground equipment on the aprons and car traffic on the M1/M50. Lisbon was better in that regards and without AI or Vatsim it does look a bit dead.

I hope that the animated ground vehicles will be added in a future update (maybe after Cross the Pond?). But otherwise, best job so far by MK Studio.

25 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I note that three parking spots on the cargo ramp have the NAX (Norwegian Air Shuttle) airline code in the AFD file. Is this correct? It seems an odd place for Norwegian 737s to be parking....

Think that is correct. At least you can see one NAX B738 parked on the cargo apron on Google Earth. Seems we get what we pay for with those low cost airlines.

• Like 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Wow, Norwegian really must be in bad shape if they are throwing the passengers in with the cargo!! :ohmy:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Wow, Norwegian really must be in bad shape if they are throwing the passengers in with the cargo!! :ohmy:

Their new slogan. "The underside of the plane gets there the same time as the top."

NAX669.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

The Horizon mesh needs to be disabled, otherwise there are elevation problems short of runway 28

This should be relatively easily solved with the appropriate flatten bgls , can you post a screenshot showing the problems?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I have customised the AFCAD to add parking in place of the static that were removed and corrected some gates, made a flight from EGCC with PMDG 747 ILs approach 28 FPS stayed at my 30fps cap traffic 100%.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

18 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I have customised the AFCAD to add parking in place of the static that were removed and corrected some gates, made a flight from EGCC with PMDG 747 ILs approach 28 FPS stayed at my 30fps cap traffic 100%.

I have also customised the AFD file, adding extra parking spots where MK Studios (for whatever reason) failed to add them.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

39 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

This should be relatively easily solved with the appropriate flatten bgls , can you post a screenshot showing the problems?

Some of the elevation problems move as I move, but others are fixed. I have attached seven screenshots below. East and South seem to be the most affected areas, but they are evident to the north aswell, and there appears to be autogen below (or partly below) ground to the southwest.

You can also see the brightness difference between the MK Studios Dublin textures, and the PlayHorizon textures. Apologies for the dull look of the screenshots. I have brightness and colouration down at 0.60 at the moment.

32l1j4tlnuzlzeb6g.jpg

42s7s5a4beu8yla6g.jpg

ihp3bh4gwbbpsyj6g.jpg

rikitk5guq51xk46g.jpg

dx65op6nu6rn8rh6g.jpg

71niesrcr2nwlcl6g.jpg

r95xkq5zaeddkar6g.jpg

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png