Sign in to follow this  

Hi Alex,
Long time user and admirer here. Just "installed" 2.4.4. Thanks so much.
Now the question...why so dark? You must surely have chosen some sort of formatting or style that was not apparent in your previous versions. But now my "white space and black text" in the windows is "black space with white text". And the maps are so darkened that it is hard to see anything. (This is with the "sun shading" feature set to off. With the sun shading on, the darkness is much deeper.) In version 2.4.4, the maps no longer look as they did before (or as they do in your screenshots). They used to be bright and readable. Now they are dark and difficult to use.
This must be some simple setting that got changed or newly added in the new version. Maybe a "night style" that gets reset? Might you please help?
As things stand now, you will understand that the new version would be useless.
I much appreciate your help.
"Lost in the Dark",
Michael MacKuen

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

File Toolbar\Window\Style\Windows. My bet is that you have 'Fusion' selected. Schoolboy error.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Thanks, Ron.
Excellent eye for an error.
Worse yet, the new installation somehow got set with a style of "Night". Hmmm.
(I had run "Fusion" in 2.2.4 and tried "Fusion" in 2.4.4 and it is fine. So my error was having the window style set to "Night" on the new install. Not at all sure how that happened.)
Sorry sir. I didn't mean to be wicked. Only three lashes please...
M

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hi Gents,

this is a strange one. I did not reset the user interface style with the update (like I did with the map theme on purpose) but it seems that the update just caused this. Should have mentioned this in the changelog.

No lashes needed.:smile:

Alex

I'm in the 'Worked all right for me' group.😏  Nothing changed except the 3D terrain. I had to go look for it. 

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.