Sign in to follow this  
charleslee201

Is Microsoft flight simulator another FLIGHT ?

Do you  remember when  Flight was  in prerelease mode ,  really hope there not making  the same mistakes. 

I have a feeling of (deja vue )... 

what do you think ? 

• Like 1

I missed flights release, and kind of sorry I did, but I dont remember this much involvement so early with the press, 3rd party developers,  and the simming community on FSX, FS2002,FS2000. It truly is amazing the amount of communication. But.... on the other hand ..... my left brain tells me it might be too much, too early for the general population because the drip feed is not sustainable. People will lose interest fast if it goes on too long. 

No it's not. It was made clear from the start that this is a continuation of the Microsoft Flight Simulator series, with much of the Flight Simulator X feature set confirmed to be returning or in the works, while aiming to fix the mistakes of the past. With Microsoft Flight they were rather vague starting with its announcement, and only with the free-to-play announcement did it become clear what it was going to be.

Despite what went wrong with it however, the current simulators still have much to learn from Microsoft Flight, and I hope the new one will incorporate some of its aspects.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 1

Microsoft actually tried to tell simmers that Flight was a game. We simmers didn't quite get the message, so there was animosity towards Microsoft as a result. Flight was actually some fun for many of us, but it wasn't intended as a serious simulator. Microsoft has been very direct in telling us that Dos Equis is a simulator, and their videos and interviews confirm this. And this topic is beating a dead horse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Superdelphinus said:

I think you’d have had to basically ignore the last few months of news and updates to think that. 

Hey man is it necessary to say it that way?  Maybe he just started reading about it and doesn't have time to read the last few months of new and updates.  You'd come off as more professional if you'd summarize the news in a few sentences like the poster below you, who basically said the same thing but in a much nicer way.  The funny thing about avsim is the snide comments get all the up votes!  lol

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

No.
Next question...

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, SolarEagle said:

Hey man is it necessary to say it that way?  Maybe he just started reading about it and doesn't have time to read the last few months of new and updates.  You'd come off as more professional if you'd summarize the news in a few sentences like the poster below you, who basically said the same thing but in a much nicer way.  The funny thing about avsim is the snide comments get all the up votes!  lol

Pretty much.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

what do i think ? no i dont think is another flight . but lets just think you have not been up to speed with whats going on , read up a bit more and revisit this post . to be honest this time around i dont see any sign of been anything near what flight was at the first crank . 

and by the way i was using flight till a month or so ago for a couple of minutes or so i was never a flight hater at all ... 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I don't believe that FS2020 will be another "Flight".  I think MS learned a valuable lesson with their last attempt and realized that they had misread the community, thinking that success was with the "gamer" and not so much with the "simmer".

Games come and go, but simulations live on for years with dedicated followers who turn their backs on their wives and children and open their wallets spending grocery money on every new mod that brings the simulator and experience closer to reality.

I do believe that people who are refraining from buying new addons now thinking that FS2020 will be their complete "all-in-all" when it is released, will be disappointed for the first couple of years. 

Previously purchased add-ons that are well supported by talented developers will have to be painstakingly reworked to operate in this new environment and as beautiful as it looks now in the previews, I can absolutely guarantee that Orbx, Bill Womack, FSDreamteam, Flightbeam, FlyTampa, PKSim, LVFR, etc., etc., etc.,... will make it look amazingly better as time goes on and they modify their products and build their new artistic masterpieces that will give us so many reasons to stay home and tour the world while our families go on vacation by themselves.

Bob

• Like 1