Sign in to follow this  
Flyer1000

[RESOLVED] No AI Model detected

Hi, Just bought the professional addition and it doesn't seem to detect any of the AI models I have. I don't use a programme for my AI, I do it all manually.

Any ideas what to do or I have I just wasted my money?

Thanks, 

Oliver 

5 minutes ago, Flyer1000 said:

Hi, Just bought the professional addition and it doesn't seem to detect any of the AI models I have. I don't use a programme for my AI, I do it all manually.

Any ideas what to do or I have I just wasted my money?

Thanks, 

Oliver 

Hi Olivier,

So your custom AI Models, where are you installing them? if they are located inside the P3D Ecosystem they will be skipped on purpose.

Can you move them outside using the .XML method? I posted steps on top of the forums.

S.

They are all installed within the SimObjects folder like normal (I hope). I don't really want to move them all out of the SimObjects folder as there is a lot to move over.

Oliver 

Edited by Flyer1000

5 minutes ago, Flyer1000 said:

They are all installed within the SimObjects folder like normal (I hope) 

Hi Oliver,

So as I suspected, they are mixed with the default aircraft. This is the issue.

You have 2 options:

A) Use the XML method as I suggested on top of the forums.

B) If you want to leave them inside P3D -Which i don't recommend-. Create another folder inside P3D. For example SimObjects\CustomAIModels and create the corresponding entry for this inside the SimObjects.cfg.

If you need assistance to do this just reply to the email I send you and we can take it from there.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

So I am currently testing the XML way that you suggested and it seems to be good so far. AI Lights has detected the one aircraft that I am testing at the moment so now just trying it out in the sim.

Out of interest, how do you change the lights for different types of aircraft, example the difference between a 737 and A320 strobes.

Thanks for you help, appreciate it.

(by the way I accidentally put this in the XML subject so it'll need to be removed, I tried but couldn't see how) 

Oliver 

13 minutes ago, Flyer1000 said:

So I am currently testing the XML way that you suggested and it seems to be good so far. AI Lights has detected the one aircraft that I am testing at the moment so now just trying it out in the sim.

Out of interest, how do you change the lights for different types of aircraft, example the difference between a 737 and A320 strobes.

Thanks for you help, appreciate it.

(by the way I accidentally put this in the XML subject so it'll need to be removed, I tried but couldn't see how) 

Oliver 

It is all based following the P3D SDK guidelines. All aircraft configurations are required to declare the ATC_TYPE = BOEING or AIRBUS, etc. We read this and configure automatically as required.

Glad you are up and running.

S.

I see so its a matter of whatever the AI model comes with is how it interprets it in the sim

Oliver 

1 minute ago, Flyer1000 said:

I see so its a matter of whatever the AI model comes with is how it interprets it in the sim

Oliver 

Yes, all AI packages put this correctly. Including freewares as FAIB, etc. 

If one of yours is incorrect, you can update the information, re-scan and off you go.

S.