Sign in to follow this  
Guest beana51

A Skeptic Under Pressure

Guest Jimbofly

Whatever./rolls eyesJames

Guest beana51

I like that title,"A Skeptic Under Pressure" Its deer season home. A buck I know has practiced that for five years now.Thats old for a buck to survive the intense hunting seasons. That buck,my buddy buck,has eluded me many times.He survives because he reads all the danger signs,and acts accordingly.Survival,trust your senses,listen to the sounds,test the air.When in doubt,bug out. There are apparently danger signs here.Yes the arguments on both sides sound logical.Everyone is so convinced of their point of view Like that "Buddy buck" I would not linger on the fine print or lawyers arguments.I would get away quick.I personally would not want to be in the position of being herded as a "TEST PASSENGER"on that beautiful plane. Were a hand delivered ticket giving me for its maiden flight,,I would politely refuse it.I don't know about the ill fated Titanic. It seems they were all reassuring themselves ,the public,and the world , that the ship was unsinkable.Don't need all those life boats,we do have watertight compartments,Its impossible.to sink .It was the latest of shipbuilding art.The boat designer was on that ship.Problem may have been in the casting of the iron plates which formed the hull.The pig iron used was inferior,contaminated.Not unlike a fan blade in a Jet engine which failed and caused a disaster some time ago.That knife like iceberg slit that ship ,like one would fillet a fish.The gash compromised most of the water tight compartments.Were the plates not fragle,and sound, the ship would have went on its way,music playing,champagne flowing,jewels on display,in that beautiful ballroom.Now we may have a hint,a rumor,a feeling,a sixth sense in the guts, uneasiness, that something is not right.Thats a Lotta people to gamble with.Me? I would not get on that plane.Maby some 12 to 15 flights latter,but not now.That Ole Buddy buck taught me much. Theres a time to fight,and a time to flee. Sorry for the BL AA BL AA! CHEERS :-beerchug PS: HINDENBERG ANYONE? Meet you in the smokeing section,NOT!

Guest b52

I he's right, a goast A380 flying over the atlantic, suddenly ran out of fuel and crash. I guess they shoudn't fire him. ;) Airbus should have check the pressurise motors before delevering them to the customers

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Vin, 12-15 flights in service isn't any indication that no serious safety issues exist.Concorde flew for years with fuel and hydraulic lines subject to damage from a blown tire.On takeoff from Washington, one lost its water diverter, the tire puncturing the wing and releasing a plume of fuel that, that time, did not ignite.The crew would have continued, and all would most likely have died in supersonic transition due to altered aerodynamics and further damage to the wing, had a passenger not threatened to bash the cockpit door down when a stew failed to take him seriously.The Copilot scrunched down to an angle the pax was looking and said "Diet Mon." The second he got back to the cockpit the throttles were reduced and they returned to Dulles.The water diverter was redesigned so if it happened again the tire would not be punctured.Of course, tires can be blown by objects not necessarily installed on that particular aircraft, and at Concordes's takeoff speed you don't necessarily need debris for a possible blowout.We all found that out, and the pax weren't so lucky about two years later.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest beana51

Hi Donny,Your always so logical,I tend to be visceral.However your correct. Ya Never Know? If that Ole "Irish" maxim is true,"Murphy's Law" always applies. When I fly,and sadly not as much as I want to,when the gear left the ground,at that instance ,I;m looking for a place to put it down.When en route,or just tooling around,I'm looking for a place to put it down.On trips ,the alternate airfields are prominently marked on my chart with all necessary info. I know you have read this, " Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous.But to an even greater degree than the sea,it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity, or neglect." It has helped me a few times in the air. Al tho,driving in here Fla. non of the above apply,its just FATE,on the road. Driving here "IS" inherently dangerous,and Hurricanes,your destiny Always nice Chatting with you. ....VIN;-)