Sign in to follow this  
757FO

GA Multi engine addons

Hey guys

Looking for a P3D (XP11 also possible) with accurate flight model. Looking for accurate vyse, vMC, etc...

Doesnt have to have glass cockpit just want the best accurate flight model.

Thank you!

John

Vertex DA62.  Best value, awesome flight model.  Just bought it after extensively researching all the offerings & accompanying reviews & forum posts.   A joy to fly.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

46 minutes ago, joby33y said:

Vertex DA62.  Best value, awesome flight model.  Just bought it after extensively researching all the offerings & accompanying reviews & forum posts.   A joy to fly.  

+1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I have the vertex DA62 and I would think the flight modelling would be the best given its developer, however I’m more partial to using traditional gauges myself.

In that respect the  milviz 310 is indeed good, but also the Just flight Duchess flies really nicely and is available on each platform.

My favourite on  X-Plane though has to be the vflyteair twin Comanche, a great model and very reasonably priced.

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

AFL King air 350 in xp11 if turboprops are ok

Avia71 Piper Aerostar in xp11

Second the motion c310 in p3d and vertx da62

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

25 minutes ago, jon b said:

I have the vertex DA62 and I would think the flight modelling would be the best given its developer, however I’m more partial to using traditional gauges myself.

In that respect the  milviz 310 is indeed good, but also the Just flight Duchess flies really nicely and is available on each platform.

My favourite on  X-Plane though has to be the vflyteair twin Comanche, a great model and very reasonably priced.

These are the aircraft I was going to mention (other than the Dutchess which i don’t own) so thanks for saving me the typing lol 

I’d add the Aerobask DA62 for xplane, I actually prefer it to the vertex version - that likely has more to do with the sim physics than the rendition of the aircraft, both are excellent.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

How well do all these suggestions do on one engine though?  I've never really found one that felt accurate, although I haven't tried most of these.  When the Q400 was first released it had a nice roll once below VMC, but I think it went away in later updates. I haven't tried it in awhile though so maybe it's been fixed. 

Edited by BrianW

Brian W

KPAE

Good question Brain, as you say I don’t think anything truly captures the single engine aerodynamics properly.

Just tried cutting an  engine on climb out on both the vflyteair twin Comanche and the JF duchess in X-Plane using thrustmaster TPR rudders.

Both not too bad , with the edge on feel going to the vflyteair. Both swing and roll during the cut ,and both run out of rudder authority and start to roll correctly when going below VMCA. I’ve not flown either exact  type in real life but do have some time on Piper Aztecs and Beech barons which I guess would be in the same ball park. It’s going back 25 years  but they seem to behave correctly as far as I can recall. 

Edited:

Sorry, I have to amend that, just rerun the scenario and now much preferring the JF duchess aerodynamics, nothing scientific, just playing around.

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

My favorite twin is the Alabeo C421 Golden Eagle. It has very good flightdynamics and there is also a mod by a real C421 pilot to make it even better.

Edited by Tim-HH
  • Like 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

thank you all for the tips. While waiting for your feedback I googled things a bit and found that plugin from Simcoders for the Baron (XP11), I bought it and was pleasantly surprised. As you all said the flight model in either sims is not perfect, but pulling an engine on climb out fairly simulated what happens in the real world. I am going to keep playing with it, but based on info I got from you guys, I am leaning towards the Vertex...

Again thank you all for the very valuable feedback.

Take care,

John.

On 10/23/2019 at 4:02 AM, Tim-HH said:

My favorite twin is the Alabeo C421 Golden Eagle. It has very good flightdynamics and there is also a mod by a real C421 pilot to make it even better.

You really rate this A/C that highly....been doing some reading about it. Have most of the bugs been worked out with the mod package you link to?

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

1 hour ago, barramundilure said:

You really rate this A/C that highly....been doing some reading about it. Have most of the bugs been worked out with the mod package you link to?

Yes, I think it is one of the best Alabeo/Carenado addons. With the last few versions Alabeo has solved all bugs. At least all that I was aware of. The purpose of the advanced physics mod is primarily to enhance the behavior of the C421 with one engine inoperative.  

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

On 10/22/2019 at 9:02 PM, Tim-HH said:

And there are some nice repaints for it...Or so I hear. LINKY :wink:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

On 10/22/2019 at 10:55 AM, 757FO said:

Hey guys

Looking for a P3D (XP11 also possible) with accurate flight model. Looking for accurate vyse, vMC, etc...

Doesnt have to have glass cockpit just want the best accurate flight model.

Thank you!

John

Hi John,

If you want a modern light twin then go for the Vertx DA62. If you prefer a traditional light twin, then get the Milviz C310.

If you have the funds, go for both!

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.