Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

How to ensure I get new stock HP Reverb

I'm seriously considering getting a HP Reverb. There are some reasonable deals here in the UK which are around £80 / $100 cheaper than buying direct from HP.

How do I know whether I'm getting a fixed / v1.5  version though? Were all the first batch recalled? Can you tell from the serial number?

I emailed HP directly. I'll post any response I get here.

• Like 1

I would not order from Amazon at this point

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Did some digging and serial numbers after 931, 932 or 933 are apparently the new batch (depending on who you believe).

• Like 1

Buy it directly from HP. That way you're sure not to be getting the 1st gen Reverb that someone may have had in a warehouse. There's a HP employee on the Reverb reddit site that confirms the serial number check. That number is 2019 week 32. I think anything past week thirty is 2nd generation Reverb.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

NAX669.png

2 hours ago, Avidean said:

I wonder if they will have a Black Friday sale. I am thinking that's when I will buy.

I was just planning that myself. After the research I did, I decided on this headset. I'm ready to push the buy button, but hopefully, they have a sale. Can't wait to see how immersive this experience will be. 

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I bought the Odyssey+ on Black Friday last year for US$299. I just did a live chat with someone at HP Canada Website where they only have the Reverb Pro available for CAD$844 and no known plans to offer the consumer version. I'll look at going to Seattle for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend if there are going to be High Street deals to be had. But if Its going to cost me CAD$844 plus tax (that'll be a thousand) I'll pass. I do anticipate that its very good but not so much better than the Odyssey+ to be, for me, worth more than double what I paid for the Odyssey+. I'll keep my fingers crossed for about CAD$600. I'd pay that. Perhaps Samsung will release something before then. We'll see. 😁

• Like 1

omg they are gonna take over the corn game with this😂

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2