Sign in to follow this  
LesOReilly

Window Mode Touch issue (resolved)

When in Window mode so that you can put the GTN750 on a separate monitor you can not use your finger to scroll.  Instead the entire menu will start to move.

Les O'Reilly

On 10/22/2019 at 9:37 PM, LesOReilly said:

Instead the entire menu will start to move.

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand which menu you are referring to. Can you please further explain?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 10/26/2019 at 9:05 AM, RXP said:

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand which menu you are referring to. Can you please further explain?

Sorry --- When put into Window Mode so that I can drag it on to the RealSimGear 750 (so separate Monitor) you can not use your finger to scroll around the map.  What happens is that when you try to do that the entire screen/window move under your finger.  Even if you have put the System into full screen mode.  When undocked and in a separate Window but Full Screen the window will move not scroll...Hope that helps.

Les O'Reilly

Ok, so basically, interactions on the screen turn out not interacting with the device 'touch', rather, it is interacting with the Flight Sim windowing system.

It is the same as when you'd move any popup window just by clicking and dragging from within the popup window, if not clicking on a click spot, like clicking and dragging on an inactive bezel isn't it?

Most likely then, you've disabled mouse in this popup window in the RealityXP.GTN.ini file.

You might want to review the popleft/popright/usemouse settings.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Ooooh. Plot twist. 

if you take P3D out of “full screen” mode and leave all in windowed mode —- it works as expected........

Les O'Reilly

Ok, so if I understand correctly, the problem arises when using P3D4 in full screen mode.

But is this with the GTN in an undocked window (one with the standard Windows decoration around to resize and the top 'window title bar'), or with the GTN just as a popup flight simulator panel window (no decoration)?

Also, have you tried changing the full screen mode option in P3D? there are 2 which are roughly 'real' full screen and 'out the edge' full screen (a window which edges are just 1 pixel out the monitor edges).

Yes undocked window as I am running this in the RealSimGear 750 bezel unit. 

yes when pressing ALT-Enter to get rid of the windows bezels the ability to scroll around is lost. Instead you start dragging the entire window around the screen. 

I am not sure which mode I am in. I will work on that tonight 🙂. Maybe I will just make another video about it to show you....at this point I am starting to think I should have done that from the beginning 🙂

thanks as always for taking the time to work through these items — especially as it is probably going to be in addressable unless P3D does some things I am sure. 

Les O'Reilly

https://www.dropbox.com/s/49q305oayz3eata/2019-10-30%2020-59-20.mov?dl=0

Please see the video...Not sure but I show my settings as I don't seem to find multiple settings for the type of full screen mode.

Les O'Reilly

Thank you for the video, that explains the issue very well.

What I was mentioning is known as 'borderless full screen window' which is a real window just covering the entire screen with its surrounding 'resizing' edges just out of the screen out of view. This is different from a real full screen mode display where there is no window anymore but 1 application displaying over the entire screen.

I was certain there is an option in P3D to specify whether you want borderless windows in full screen but I fail to find it back.

Nonetheless, if using the mouse instead of your finger, is it working properly or is it exhibiting the same issue?

And just to make sure:

• drag another popup window gauge (I don't know in this aircraft but say SHIFT+2 opens the radios) so that it displays in the HW GTN  screen.
  • use your finger on the HW GTN screen and interact with one of the gauge button in this popup window which is displaying in the HW GTN screen.

What does it give?

update: I've been able to repro the issue on our systems.

With P3D4.5 HF2:

• When using the BK AP gauge for example, it works as expected: mouse click-spots intercept the gauge and prevent passing the mouse action to the underlying window (click and drag).
  • When using the GTN however, mouse click-spots are working but they do not prevent the underlying window to receive the events too, so clicking the GTN screen for example activate the clicked GTN button on screen for example, but also activate the click-and-drag underlying window mode.

It is unclear why it is doing this but there is a workaround:

1. Right click the undocked window
  2. Enable the 'Lock Window' option.
  3. This will prevent click-and-drag and let you use the GTN as intended.

I'll investigate what is happening under the hood in the coming days.

Edited by RXP

On 10/31/2019 at 8:16 PM, RXP said:

I'll investigate what is happening under the hood in the coming days.

Well after spending a couple days just on this, and trying different approaches to our implementation, I still can't make our popup windows from preventing the 'click' to pass through. Mouse actions are working fine but the window itself is receiving the mouse events too, and proceeds as-if the gauge didn't intercepted the actions.

This might be a P3D4.5HF2 only issue as well. We didn't notice any issue prior your post and won't be trying to reinstall an older P3D4 for the time being, but if anyhow has an older P3D4 installation (4.5 release, 4.4 etc...) it will be interesting to compare with.

For now it is best to use the 'lock window' option which is designed for this anyhow, but we'll keep an eye on this.

• Like 1