Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Just Flight's Traffic Global Released

7 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

Huh?  What is smoke and mirrors about Traffic Global for Prepar3D?  I see nothing but great traffic, not sure what you mean by smoke a mirrors.

Robert

I bought TG for XP and I like it very much. Yes, it needs more tuning and more features like overriding t/o and landing runways for example, among others. But unless WT3 adds integration with P2ATC I don't expect I'll be using anything else but TGXP for AI traffic anymore. With TGXP I have a decent traffic all over without any additional efforts every time before I fly (unlike with WT3). But honestly I never cared much about real world schedules.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Can you update the schedules manually like in ut2??

As far as one of the devs stated, the schedules are in standard MS FSX BGL format (yes, you read that right). JF will not provide an editor themselves, but if the format is indeed the same, all flight plan creation tools for MSFS (AIFP, etc.) might just work.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

3 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

As far as one of the devs stated, the schedules are in standard MS FSX BGL format (yes, you read that right). JF will not provide an editor themselves, but if the format is indeed the same, all flight plan creation tools for MSFS (AIFP, etc.) might just work.

wowsters.. now this does make things interesting 

14ppkc-6.png

On 11/1/2019 at 8:39 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Just got notice an update is available 1.0.8368.  Really enjoy this product so far, has made the XP world busy.

Cheers, Rob.

Deleted, was looking at another product....when asking my question.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

On 11/1/2019 at 7:40 PM, Bjoern said:

I decided to take a punt and i bought it this morning. a few things I noticed for the benefit of others

1.you cant decompile the BGL with TTools so I cant see how to amend the flightplans.

2.the plans are most definatley not optimsed.  Ie theres AI sleepers all over the place.  At Basel at 13.00 there is 12 easyjets sitting there all doing nothing. Like UT2 its a dirty cut and paste job from OAG schedules.

3.TUI Uk by the look of things is called Thomson and is in an old livery,All the easyjets are in a standard easyjet livery and not in EZS or EJU colours.    

4.  the aircraft get stuck on the taxiways behind where youre a/c is sitting 

all in all its another ai gimmick like UT2.  I thought it was too good to be true.

If you dont mind innaccuarate schedules and you want a bit of incomplete AI candy its a nice little gimmick.  just like ut1 and ut2 was/is.

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

1.you cant decompile the BGL with TTools so I cant see how to amend the flightplans.

The BGLs are built to FSX/P3D format with TrafficDataBaseBuilder. If TTools can't handle that, you can't decompile them.

AI Flight Planner might be capable of decompilation, but you'd have to set up a whole fake FSX/P3D installation just to stop it from complaining.

ANZ A320's are missing altogether, and only ATR's. Still a bit of work on this product to go.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Who knows what is SetThreadCores=1 setting in config.ini (with the recent update)?

Thanks,

56 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Who knows what is SetThreadCores=1 setting in config.ini (with the recent update)?

Thanks,

I wondered that too. I set it to 4 however the plugin changed it back to 1.

So far I can't say I like it very much flying with this AI. Every time I land in EGLL there are planes on the runway, and I can't see them on the radar to kill those while approaching. 

Anybody knows how to properly disable TG? 

I think I'll go back to WT3.

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 5:47 PM, Bjoern said:

The BGLs are built to FSX/P3D format with TrafficDataBaseBuilder. If TTools can't handle that, you can't decompile them.

AI Flight Planner might be capable of decompilation, but you'd have to set up a whole fake FSX/P3D installation just to stop it from complaining.

nope tried aifp.  we are stuck with completly out of date half finished backed schedules and no way of being able to change them  another con of a ai package.

14ppkc-6.png

11 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

nope tried aifp.  we are stuck with completly out of date half finished backed schedules and no way of being able to change them  another con of a ai package.

Untrue. You can still compile new BGL files and replace the old ones with them.

39 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Untrue. You can still compile new BGL files and replace the old ones with them.

Hi Bjorn.

What are the aircraft names please for the aircraft.txt?? 

And is there an airports.txt for it please?? 

I'm very interested to hear how you have done it.

Many thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

All my knowledge was gathered from questioning the TG devs on the subject in the release thread over at the Org. I personally refuse to buy Traffic Global until there is a Linux release.

The JustFlight devs very most liklely used TrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe from the FSX/P3D SDK (Environment Kit/Traffic Toolbox SDK subfolder).

Link to the SDK: https://www.prepar3d.com/support/sdk/
TDB reference: http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/world/traffic/traffic_toolbox.html#The Traffic Database Builder

A list of X-Plane airports can apparently be dumped from the Traffic Global control panel in X-Plane

How the list of aircraft is generated was never clarified by the TG devs. I assume that the "typekey" and "title" fields in the aircraft.csv file are exactly the same as in the FSX/P3D release of TG and that another file handles the link to the displayed aircraft object. It's ultimately up to others to find out.

Route formatting as specified by the reference document.