Sign in to follow this  
cbreeze

Xplane11 update

Greetings,

Can someone tell me if a new update was just released?  Signed on to xplane last night and got the notification.  I know that there is a beta one out there but I don’t do beta’s.  I couldn’t find any information so I would ask here.

cbreeze

As far as I know, XP is currently on Beta9 and soon Beta10, no RC yet.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

On 10/26/2019 at 9:32 AM, Old_As_Dirt said:

XP 11.40 r1 is out.

I run the X-Plane Installer and check for updates a few times a week. I don't sub to the betas and according to the installer 11.36 r2 is still the most recent update. So unless my installer is broken, what you're reporting is a Release Candidate 1 for the Beta. Not a big deal, but the OP specifically stated that they don't participate in betas.

On 10/29/2019 at 12:46 PM, Kronovan said:

11.36 r2 is still the most recent update

Yes, as you might have noticed - I said XP 11.40r1.  11.40 is in the beta mode.  I understand that YOU don't subscribe to betas so it doesn't apply to YOU.

John Wingold

2 hours ago, Old_As_Dirt said:

Yes, as you might have noticed - I said XP 11.40r1.

Yes you did indeed state that and that's exactly where you're spreading misinformation and still are. What in fact has recently been released is XP 11.40rc1; the 1st release candidate for the 11.40 beta. There's a difference between a release candidate and a full release. When I saw your comment that XP 11.40r1 is out I read that as I should; that the 1st public release for 11.40 was now available. Then I wasted time running the installer and checking for a public update that didn't exist.

2 hours ago, Old_As_Dirt said:

I understand that YOU don't subscribe to betas so it doesn't apply to YOU.

Sorry, but I don't see your need for the "YOU" emphasis. I wasn't getting personal at all, but merely highlighting that what was released must be a beta candidate. Like me the OP doesn't sub to betas...

On 10/23/2019 at 9:14 AM, cbreeze said:

... I know that there is a beta one out there but I don’t do beta’s...

So a beta release candidate 1 doesn't explain the notification they received.

18 hours ago, Kronovan said:

Yes you did indeed state that and that's exactly where you're spreading misinformation and still are. What in fact has recently been released is XP 11.40rc1; the 1st release candidate for the 11.40 beta.

Umm...11.40r1 is Laminar's name for the latest release in the beta branch and they can call it anything they'd like. Beta branch is beta branch.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days