Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

Add-on Airports on Map

I'm looking for a map app which automatically scans my P3D installation (scenery.cfg + add-on.xml) and displays exclusively my 3rd party airports and nothing else. I have Little Nav Map and I can force it to display add-on airports, but it still shows other airports too. I cannot find a setting in LNM which does only show my add-on airports. Maybe there's another app which is better for this purpose. Any suggestions?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi,

a while ago I added something like that to P4AO. You can export your addon airports to Google Earth.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

7 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

a while ago I added something like that to P4AO. You can export your addon airports to Google Earth.

Best regards

Oh, that's great. Thank you. I'll try out immediately.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

7 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Oh, that's great. Thank you. I'll try out immediately.

You will need version 1.43 b09 or later of P4AO. The button is on the "Tools" page. You may want to activate the "exclude collections..." box. For example, ORBX regions have a large number of airports in a continuous scenery area, and that checkbox directs P4AO to ignore them. The KML file itself is saved to your \Documents folder.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

7 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

You will need version 1.43 b09 or later of P4AO. The button is on the "Tools" page. You may want to activate the "exclude collections..." box. For example, ORBX regions have a large number of airports in a continuous scenery area, and that checkbox directs P4AO to ignore them. The KML file itself is saved to your \Documents folder.

Best regards

Thanks Oliver. I've already tried it and I the exclusion option is smart. But unfortunately, it does not export all add-on airports. Flight Beam airports don't appear at all, same is true for and FSDT and FlyTampa. Drw...Design only shows Chicago but not Seattle or Ney York area airports (exclusion set to >5). So something does not work here. ORBX, Aerosoft (except EDDK), LatinVFR, T2Go, TropicalSime and Imaginesim are fine. My P4AO version is 1.44.b04. So something does not work here. What can we do?

- Harry 

7 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Thanks Oliver. I've already tried it and I the exclusion option is smart. But unfortunately, it does not export all add-on airports. Flight Beam airports don't appear at all, same is true for and FSDT and FlyTampa. Drw...Design only shows Chicago but not Seattle or Ney York area airports (exclusion set to >5). So something does not work here. ORBX, Aerosoft (except EDDK), LatinVFR, T2Go, TropicalSime and Imaginesim are fine. My P4AO version is 1.44.b04. So something does not work here. What can we do?

Strange, that was a bug during development, but I thought that it had been fixed. I need to look through my old emails, I am sure that somebody already reported that. But it might have been WAMA, it uses the same code.

Are you sure that the missing airports are active in the sim? The export will only display those. Any change when you allow collection (disable the checkbox) - you never know what is in those scenery areas.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

10 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Flight Beam airports don't appear at all,

The only ones that I have to check are SEQM and NZWN - are they missing too?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

3 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

The only ones that I have to check are SEQM and NZWN - are they missing too?

Best regards

Yes, they are missing too. It seems that only addon.xml airports are concerned, but not all. FlyTampa EKCH, YSSY and EHAM (scenery.cfg) show up in GE.

- Harry 

4 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Yes, they are missing too. It seems that only addon.xml airports are concerned, but not all. FlyTampa EKCH, YSSY and EHAM (scenery.cfg) show up in GE.

I think that I already found it. Don't know how this crept back in (or why nobody noticed until now). I will upload a new version 1.45 right away.

Edit: upload done. If there is further trouble, please consider sending me an email, the address is on the last page of the manual.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

What a great product and what an excellent support ! Thank you so much!

Except Drw...Design Seattle and New York, everything else is now on place ... Great!

I'll send you an email.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

21 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Except Drw...Design Seattle and New York

Hi,

is that the Collections? Maybe they fall through the "5 airport limit"?

I have DD Seattle, but not on my devel computer. Unfortunately it is already late today - I will look for the installers tomorrow, see what I can find out.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

8 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

is that the Collections? Maybe they fall through the "5 airport limit"?

That was it, I increased exclusions to >10 and now everything is perfect. Thanks again!

Edit:  exclusions > 8 apts is enough to display DD Seattle and NY area airports.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

Hi there, this is such a cool feature of the P3DAO 😎

You should promote it more. Exactly what I was looking for

Have discovered some airports again that I had forgotten...

• Like 1

Stefan
Win 10 on i7-8700K , 8GB GeForce GTX 1080, DDR4-2666 16GB (2x 8192MB), 1000GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 
P3DV4.5 with GSX L2, Chaseplane, UTL, Navigraph and Active Sky

Not only cool tool....Oliver's service is exceptional. 

• Like 1

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic