Sign in to follow this  
Michael_TXL

[Resolved] List of supported / unsupported models

Hi Simbol,

my congrats and a warm thank you for Reborn Pro, a "tiny" tool for a lot of more realism in the sim! But I´ve some question:

First: The title says it all, is a list of supported / unsupported models (mdl-files?) available?  I use +50% AIGAIM , the rest is own created AI traffic with models of FAIB, TFS, FSPXAI and much more.

Second: Regarding to the AI Aircraft Models Stats report I got 395 models missing strobe, 2 missing nav lights and 400 missing beacon. Mostly FSPXAI models. Could this be ? In total not supported are 33 models. 

I think, I have to improve a lot in my sim.... ;-((

Regards

Michael

1 hour ago, miwe said:

Second: Regarding to the AI Aircraft Models Stats report I got 395 models missing strobe, 2 missing nav lights and 400 missing beacon. Mostly FSPXAI models. Could this be ? In total not supported are 33 models. 

I think, I have to improve a lot in my sim.... ;-((

FSPX are not supported, they are not SDK compliant.

The rest on your list are just as reported, the models or the .cfg files do not have information about those lights types, they are missing and have been always. You just didn't know about it.

Regards,

Simbol 

2 hours ago, simbol said:

The rest on your list are just as reported, the models or the .cfg files do not have information about those lights types, they are missing and have been always. You just didn't know about it.

Regards,

Simbol 

Question is, whether something can be done about it?

of a total of 602 models I have 10 unsupported (FSP MD-11 from AIGM, UTL  B788/9), a bunch of FSP and boeings missing beacon lights (63 in total), the same bunch of FSP Ai + some Russian models missing strobes (total 74) and 30 models missing strobes (again , mostly FSP).

all in all 469/602 are supported.

Iunderstand one can do nothing about the FSP models. What about the rest?

15 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

Question is, whether something can be done about it?

of a total of 602 models I have 10 unsupported (FSP MD-11 from AIGM, UTL  B788/9), a bunch of FSP and boeings missing beacon lights (63 in total), the same bunch of FSP Ai + some Russian models missing strobes (total 74) and 30 models missing strobes (again , mostly FSP).

all in all 469/602 are supported.

Iunderstand one can do nothing about the FSP models. What about the rest?

You can try to contact the original devs so they complete the lighting for these.

Only the original developers can accurately know were the lights position are since they have the 3D model source that allows to get this information.

There are lots of models that are from FS9 times, converted to FSX and now backwards compatible with P3D, so many of the original devs are not around anymore..

The objective of these reports is to inform you so you know the quality in terms of lighting of the models you are using. It also helps to troubleshoot the cause of missing lights when you see these airplanes flying around you.

Regards,

S.

Im not seeing any GA listed. Does it pickup FTX AU traffic or FTX NA  GA for p3dv4?

Rick           

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

9 hours ago, rickgo said:

Im not seeing any GA listed. Does it pickup FTX AU traffic or FTX NA  GA for p3dv4?

Rick           

As long as they are installed outside of your P3D default aircraft location yes. My software will not touch anything inside of P3D default folders in order to preserve your Simulator ecosystem.

S.

Edited by simbol

A word about the Russian models:
During beta testing I found that some of the Ilyushins and Tupolevs do lack their strobe lights. I then checked some videos of them on YouTube and it seems that they have indeed no strobe lights. Might be a difference in certification but that is how it is with the real aircraft. But I do not know if this is true for most of the Russian designs or only for some models.

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

@Miwe, ha5mvo,

in case of my FAIB Airbus 318 to 321 in the aircraft.cfg the entries under [lights] looked as follows when I downloaded those models , i.e. before I started AI Lights Pro at all to change them.

[Lights]

light.0=1,  5.998,   0.00, -5.835, fx_FAIB_A320_beacon
light.1=1,  3.718,   0.00, 8.5, fx_FAIB_A320_beacon
light.2=2, -69.63,   0.00,  4.645, fx_FAIB_A320_strobe
light.3=3, -69.63,   0.00,  4.645, fx_FAIB_A320_navwhi
//light.4=2, -14.023, -55.505,  2.871, fx_FAIB_A320_strobe
//light.5=2, -14.023,  55.505,  2.871, fx_FAIB_A320_strobe
//light.6=3, -13.5, -55.151,  2.852, fx_FAIB_A320_navred
//light.7=3, -13.5,  55.151,  2.852, fx_FAIB_A320_navgre

So because of those "//" in front of the last 4 light-entries AI Lights Pro in consequence did notapply any new settings to these last 4 entries as all of them due to the "//" were simply not there.

So when I changed the last 4 entries putting away with the "//" in front of them, saved that maiden FAIB aircraft cfg and then started the AI Lights Pro process then all went well and I could manipulate them all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andreasmb said:

So because of those "//" in front of the last 4 light-entries AI Lights Pro in consequence did notapply any new settings to these last 4 entries as all of them due to the "//" were simply not there.

So when I changed the last 4 entries putting away with the "//" in front of them, saved that maiden FAIB aircraft cfg and then started the AI Lights Pro process then all went well and I could manipulate them all.

Good post.

Just be aware, sometimes these lines are commented on purpose by the FAIB developer waiting for you to decide if you want to use a NWF (Non wing flex model) or a WF(Win flex model).

Wing flex models will have the effects attached to the .MDL, so the lights section should remain commented as otherwise you might end up with duplicated effects. 

Althouth WF models will have nice effects too, P3D will put their effects in the memory cache, preventing users from being able to see live preview changes with AILRP and some WF Models don't use custom names as FAIB does, instead they use the same default effects names (aka fx_navred for example) and such models will share settings by using "fall back effects" as there is no alternative.

For this reason I recommend using NWF models as it allows more flexibility with how the effects can be handled, presented, etc.

It is just the way P3D SDK works.

S.

Yes Simbol,

sorry that I forgot to mention that, all my FAIB models used as per mentioned aircraft.cfg [lights] entries are the and must be "........nwf" models, i.e. non wingflex ones. With those one can put away the "//" in the FAIB lights section. Simbol mentioned that already somewhere else. 

Edited by simbol
correction to nwf

On 10/23/2019 at 8:44 PM, simbol said:

Regards,

Simbol 

Sometines I didn´t konw anythink 😂 Thank you, Simbol!

• Like 1