Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

'Twas the Night Before Alpha

If i  see anyone by the front of my house holding a joystick or a yoke ill know he o she must be a haker that knows im about to get that email .. lolllllllll

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

The guidelines and NDA say, "You acknowledge that everything related to this Program is confidential and should be treated as confidential until such time as Microsoft releases it...."

That's somewhat open for interpretation as your acceptance could be considered "everything related to this Program", but there are other ways to interpret it as well.  Since it's not much of a legal concern I guess it's how MS interprets it in terms of keeping people in or not for divulging that information.

I bet as time goes on MS will give people guidance on it and I'd be surprised if they don't let people announce they are in.  They don't seem like they are aiming for a top secret operation but there has to be some control I would assume.

8 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

The guidelines and NDA say, "You acknowledge that everything related to this Program is confidential and should be treated as confidential until such time as Microsoft releases it...."

That's somewhat open for interpretation as your acceptance could be considered "everything related to this Program", but there are other ways to interpret it as well.  Since it's not much of a legal concern I guess it's how MS interprets it in terms of keeping people in or not for divulging that information.

I bet as time goes on MS will give people guidance on it and I'd be surprised if they don't let people announce they are in.  They don't seem like they are aiming for a top secret operation but there has to be some control I would assume.

Yeah, read that line a few times and I guess it could easily be applied to also covering information about getting the email / having access at all. Though I would assume they'd cover that specifically in their list of what you can't do, near the bottom, to rule out any confusion. Would also seem slightly draconian for an NDA aimed at the general public, for a video game flight simulator, that you couldn't even mention that without getting the boot. Would at least be the strictest NDA I've ever been under, in that case.

Seems to me that it's your standard strict game NDA of just not sharing any information about the experience itself, nor sharing any media.

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

12 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Yeah, read that line a few times and I guess it could easily be applied to also covering information about getting the email / having access at all. Though I would assume they'd cover that specifically in their list of what you can't do, near the bottom, to rule out any confusion. Would also seem slightly draconian for an NDA aimed at the general public, for a video game flight simulator, that you couldn't even mention that without getting the boot. Would at least be the strictest NDA I've ever been under, in that case.

Seems to me that it's your standard strict game NDA of just not sharing any information about the experience itself, nor sharing any media.

Did you really receive the e-mail? I saw you saying it on Reddit.

Congrats, if true. 

Edited by ca_metal

Looks like people have started to get confirmations

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

17 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Looks like people have started to get confirmations

Can confirm.

Can I disclose that I have not recieved confirmation? 🤣 .... 😠

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, KTFO said:

Can I disclose that I have not recieved confirmation? 🤣 .... 😠

I second that 😂😂 nothing yet from US WEST COAST 😂😂😂

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Why all this discussion about whether it's under the NDA or not telling if you have got accepted or not? Is it just to make people jealous? I mean,you can't show or discuss ANYthing from the Alpha, so what's the point, and why take the chance to get booted from it, even before it has started.

And No, I haven't received an email, probably due to the fact I haven't applied for the preAlphat test 🙂

• Upvote 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

11 hours ago, David Mills said:

Twas the night before Alpha........

Brilliant

• Like 1

As we all are aware, Microsoft does on occasion, look at these forums, & maybe they are only inviting those  to the alpha test that do not use made up sim names as FS20, FS2020 & others?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

This is really painful... maybe the registration should have only been open until they found all candidates that they needed. I am honestly depressed. I feel discriminated against, secluded, ignored, left out... words fail me.

Luckily, there's still flying (in real life), but even that is soon coming to a (temporary) end with Winter time 😞

15 minutes ago, bashope said:

This is really painful... maybe the registration should have only been open until they found all candidates that they needed. I am honestly depressed. I feel discriminated against, secluded, ignored, left out... words fail me.

Luckily, there's still flying (in real life), but even that is soon coming to a (temporary) end with Winter time 😞

😂

A little dramatic, isn't it?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bashope said:

Why? Winter is the best time to fly, your aircraft will turn into a rocket. Lol

Haha this was epic!  Thanks for the laughs.

• Like 1

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals