Sign in to follow this  
agutz

Unable to initialize Database

When starting P2ATC I get this error message:

Unable to initialize Database
The underlying provider failed to Open. An attempt to attach an auto named daatabase for file C:\Pilot2ATC_2018_x64\Data\P2ABaseData.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.

The app is located in C:\Pilot2ATC_2018_x64

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

This is usually caused by the database file being missing or the database log file being corrupt.

Check to see if the file P2ABaseData.mdf exists in the Data sub folder.  IF yes, then you may need to just delete the P2ABaseData_log.ldf file.

If it does not exist, send me an email at admin@pilot2atc.com and I'll work with you to resolve the issue.

Dave

There is a file P2ABaseData.md but I can't find P2ABaseData_log.ldf anywhere.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

The log file gets updated automatically if it isn't there.

There should be 3 .mdf files in the Data folder:

P2ABaseData.mdf

P2ABaseUpdateData.mdf

P2ADynamicData.mdf

If they are not all there, you can install the FULL version of the program, the one with Navigraph or NavDataPro data over your current installation....DO NOT Uninstall the current version.  The files will be replaced.

Let me know if that fixes it.

Dave

Thanks, reinstalling had done the trick.
Before I had just P2ABaseData.mdf, now they are all there.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

I experience a similar problem. The three mdf-files are there. No ldf-file. I get the same error message: “Unable to initialize database”.

I have an installation executable “setupP2A_2504_x64_R3_with_Navigraph_1705.exe” that I have tried to install over the existing installation: same error message.

Would it really be necessary to uninstall the existing installation completely? Can I use the installation file mentioned before?

Edited by Han Schouten
Omissions

Download the latest full installation file which would be P2A_2611R3 with Navigraph_1801.

You can then install it to the same directory as your current installation, or just delete the current installation folder and install it to the   "C:" drive or other location.  You should not uninstall as that might cause license issues.

Dave