Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

No support for TrackIR !?

I am not sure, but I use Open track with my DIY head tracking unit. it connects via simconnect to FSX"SE. I'm betting it will work, if they have a simconnect with the new Sim. Didn't the say something about simconnect?

/

Edited by Keyholebud

I was thinking the same thing. I have set up a lot of software to use tracking, without it Officially being supported.

6 hours ago, ganter said:

Thanks.

I'll try and remember that next time I'm flying my PA-28 Warrior II 😉fl2.jpg

Pfffff... FS2020 allows you to control the weather and fly anywhere in the world—probably better graphics as well.😁

By the way, how well does track Ir work in your plane?

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

It really doesn't matter if trackIR is supported out of the box or not. They have said there will be an SDK. If you know what a quaternion is then it's something you could implement yourself within a few hours; so nothing to worry about here.

K sincerely doubt if Trackir won't be active at release? 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

5 hours ago, Ikaro said:

It really doesn't matter if trackIR is supported out of the box or not. They have said there will be an SDK. If you know what a quaternion is then it's something you could implement yourself within a few hours; so nothing to worry about here.

I appreciate your answer, really, but I just looked for quaternion on wiki and I found this is an hypercomplex number, thanks 🙂

How does that help me to use TrackIR?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

How does that help me to use TrackIR

Yes, this would be somewhat of a deal breaker.  Not everyone wants a VR headset

2 hours ago, Noooch said:

I appreciate your answer, really, but I just looked for quaternion on wiki and I found this is an hypercomplex number, thanks 🙂

How does that help me to use TrackIR?

Quaternion are tools which help to represent rotation in 3D. To see how it could help tuning TIR is beyond my humble abilities though, I don't have a Field medal  :laugh: . Then again, Asobo got itself a Ph.D. in roof reconstruction, so who knows what kind of diploma will be required to run the sim ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

12 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to use a kinect?

Microsoft has discontinued the Kinect.

Their AR product HoloLens 2 might be an interesting peripheral for the new MSFS, but it's aimed more at enterprise and research markets with a price tag of $3,500.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

4 hours ago, Paraffin said:

Microsoft has discontinued the Kinect.

Boo hisss.

Still resurrections all the rage these days, even intel getting in on the action, why stop at Flight.

AutoATC Developer

Clever niche marketing announced by EZDOK developers saying that if FS2020 does not incorporate TIR functionality, that EZDOK v4 (for FS2020) will support it as a standard feature.

People tend to miss the fact that FSX or FS2004 did not support Trackir like other games, which use proprietary Naturalpoint libraries. Microsoft merely exposed SDK which allowed cabin view to be moved, and the rest was done by Naturalpoint in their software. The same SDK functions that EZDOK is using in FSX by the way. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations