Sign in to follow this  
Twenty6

$$$ repaints ???

Never heard of paintsim. I don't think they're affiliated with FSW, but I guess if there's a buyer, there'll be a seller for anything. 🙂

11 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Are you thinking of buying?

No, just curious  if others might think this is worth the money.  Well okay,  maybe if they had a dripping paint splotch livery.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

On 10/24/2019 at 8:28 AM, Twenty6 said:

This is Sergey.  He does an outstanding job with his paints.  I have purchased many of his paints for the Maddog, CS757 and many custom paints that he has done for me.  He did some great looking private jet paints on my 747-8i, TFDi 717 and NGX. He is my "go-to" painter for custom paints.

These are high-resolutions paints that Sergey adds layers of weathering and bump maps to.

I don't have any problem at all buying paints.  These people do a lot of work to make these paints perfect.  Everyone deserves to be paid for their work if they need that.  I know that there are many free-ware paints but the pay-ware gives us more options and variety.

You'll find that Sergey's paints are well worth the money.  He is an very good painter and gives great support for his work.

• Upvote 1

I have a little experience with skinning in IL-2 Sturmovik, FS2004, and FSX.  It can be a real job to skin some aircraft, especially Carenado/Alabeo aircraft.  If someone is going to invest in purchasing software for making professional grade skins and spend their time making professional grade skins, why should they not charge for their expenses and labor?  There is a market out there for everything.  Of course, I am extremely grateful for those who are willing to do such things for free.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

12 minutes ago, stans said:

There is a market out there...

Now he tells us! :rolleyes:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

17 hours ago, signmanbob said:

He did some great looking private jet paints on my 747-8i, TFDi 717 and NGX

Looked thru his work on Simmarket and didn't see any 747, 717 or 737 work. Are those listed somewhere else?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

5 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Looked thru his work on Simmarket and didn't see any 747, 717 or 737 work. Are those listed somewhere else?

I paid him to make them for me.  He can't sell them because the devolopers won't allow it, but you can contact Sergey and he'll make you any paint that you want and amazingly quickly.