Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Vive Cosmos In Big Trouble?

The reviews seem to be trending pretty consistently negative, and it's not likely to be getting any better.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

HTC has always been horrible with customer service/rma/warranty/communications

Not sure why folks thought the Cosmos would be any different

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

33 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

HTC has always been horrible with customer service/rma/warranty/communications

Not sure why folks thought the Cosmos would be any different

The association with the original Vive earned them lots of cachet.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

My personal opinion is that the only headset besides Rift S worth getting right now is the Reverb. The other ones appear worse in most aspects, are more expensive, and only have marginal improvements in image clarifty at best.

HiFlyer thats why i keep my Vive Pro & Valve Index, the Lighthouse still gives you the best tracking solution no matter the surround lightning conditions. I am very unimpressed with the Vive Cosmos.

On 10/24/2019 at 4:47 PM, HiFlyer said:

The reviews seem to be trending pretty consistently negative, and it's not likely to be getting any better

Edited by Nedo68

On 10/25/2019 at 5:35 AM, andreh said:

My personal opinion is that the only headset besides Rift S worth getting right now is the Reverb. The other ones appear worse in most aspects, are more expensive, and only have marginal improvements in image clarifty at best.

I'm done with WMR tracking and firmware updates that break more things than fixing them at this point.

Its like a tug of war game between Steam VR, WMR and Windows Update that's way too many factors in keeping consistent performance with WMR HMDs

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

45 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

I'm done with WMR tracking and firmware updates that break more things than fixing them at this point.

Its like a tug of war game between Steam VR, WMR and Windows Update that's way too many factors in keeping consistent performance with WMR HMDs

You'll love the Oculus Software then. It's as plug and play as VR gets. 

10 minutes ago, andreh said:

Pretty much.

Devons rig

6 hours ago, andreh said:

6 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Pretty much.

Indeed read my Reddit Review

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

6 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Indeed read my Reddit Review

Nice setup. Dirt Rally and Eurotruck etc. is going to work very nicely with that.