Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 24th 2019 - Development/Insider Update

This looks amazing. That icing, those reflections. Clouds being lit up by the city lights :o.

Flying through that cloud. 

Only seasons missing for me but who knows. They cab really do a crazy amount of work. 

That weather above Australia, being precise. How even?? I mean, wow! 

Victor Roos

8 hours ago, n4gix said:

BTW, I received the acceptance email around noon today (24th)

I am so happy for you 😑

Nah, seriously,  you must be really happy and excited. It's good to see that at least someone on this forum was blessed by the MS fairy.

Edited by smoothchat

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

10 hours ago, cepact said:

This sim has excited me to the point that I've developed anxiety about dying or getting sick before being able to experience it

That’s becoming my concern too 😂😂

I was, honestly, quite disappointed with this Episode 2...

It lags way behind my expectations 😕

Where's that part where we actually become wet when flying under rainfall, or with our hair completely done by the strong / gusting winds ?

C'mon, it's 2020 almost!  When are you going to make that realistic ?????

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That scene when he sank into the upper layer of clouds, the difference of density while he flew threw it... For the first time I was worry not to be able to see what is outside the cockpit. IFR will be epic! That is all I always wanted. Not to mention the stunning view when he exits the cloud layer... Thank you Asobo, thank you Microsoft

• Like 1

About the UI, I didn't understood if this was the custom weather screen, where we have to manually enter ISA, humidity, aerosol density etc...? All of that for every altitude? This seems pretty complex to me...

31 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Where's that part where we actually become wet...

Slowly holding my hand in the air on that one.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, irrics said:

Live real world weather!

There was FSX /P3D live weather and there was Active Sky real weather.  The two were vastly different.  Given that the weather 'engine' has been completely redeveloped, I guess it won't need as much third party intervention to model real weather correctly.

But, seriously good stuff here.

Edited by ErichB

Wow!  Weather rendering on a completely different level to anything seen so far.

I hope they're putting in all the hooks for an eventual weather radar.  It would be a shame to have to kludge that as had to be done on FSX, or worse still use an external weather app.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, HighTowers said:

When you learn from life experiences and taught that if its too good to be true.... it probably is.   

It is not a binary thing. It could be too good to be true but also significantly better. Even if they don’t deliver all of what they show, it’d still be way ahead of what we have.

Weather modeling is so complex that I suspect there will be a lot of tuning of the model in the years following release.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11 hours ago, in2tech said:

I tell you their writing staff is amazing, even if they do miss an English spelling once in awhile, they will fix it! If I had to speak French or write in French, it would be really, really, bad. I'm just saying 🙂

I don't believe a French person is writing their blog posts. And I'd be very surprised if they'd make this marketing decision also... In most companies I've worked for they have professional "technical writers" whose main responsibility is to write clear, clean, correctly and beautifully written emails/communication to the employees. So I'd bet my money a technical writer is writing these blog posts.

11 hours ago, KillerKlient said:

I've flown over Qatar, Dubai, London quite a lot and always imagine the sky scrapers to be lit up like christmas trees.  But just took a look at some pics from my trip to dubai earlier this year and you appear to be right, the sky scrapers in the distance seem to look off just like the ones in sim, with a few exceptions.  So maybe it is more accurate like this:

Seems to be hit and miss, doesn't it? Some buildings are dark, but 2 or 3 on that image are "lit like christmas trees". Let's see what happens...

11 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

I liked the quick look at a bit of the UI too - looks like they’ve done a good job there with the bits and pieces I’ve seen. I didn’t quite understand the weather bit at the end though, I think his accent may have been getting a bit thick - did he say that that view of Australia with the clouds over it is what you see in the menu?!,

I have to admit, I would expect some native English speaker would be helping with the filming and making some pronunciation corrections here and there. You're right to say the "accent" was getting a bit too thick for easy understanding.

11 hours ago, irrics said:

Even the most ardent XP fan has to admit this has got to be opening some eyes at LR.

Indeed. I follow Laminar's development blog quite avidly, and "competition" has been mentioned a couple of times as of late. I had never seen this before, in the ~3 years that I've been following it. Nothing was ever mentioned about P3D, or DCS, or FSW, or AFS2, nothing...

10 hours ago, nas123 said:

CPU(I9 9900KS), RTX 2080TI

The guys invited for the press releases have shared that they tested the sim with i7's 9700k (which is the best gaming cpu, not the i9), and RTX 2080 Ti, getting 60 fps at 4k. This is not the minimum, this is recommended. I would suspect at most a 9600k and a 1070 will be "minimum".

One of the features I wanted to see was car dynamic headlights and after watching the video it seems like it has that feature!

16 minutes ago, bashope said:

The guys invited for the press releases have shared that they tested the sim with i7's 9700k (which is the best gaming cpu, not the i9), and RTX 2080 Ti, getting 60 fps at 4k. This is not the minimum, this is recommended. I would suspect at most a 9600k and a 1070 will be "minimum".

After watching the weather video, I immediately started to investigate for a new piece of hardware 

http://www.elan2.com/products.asp?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx9CEi_u25QIVgoxRCh3MtQiFEAAYAiAAEgLLBfD_BwE

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

12 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

I liked the quick look at a bit of the UI too - looks like they’ve done a good job there with the bits and pieces I’ve seen. I didn’t quite understand the weather bit at the end though, I think his accent may have been getting a bit thick - did he say that that view of Australia with the clouds over it is what you see in the menu?!,

Activate closed captions 😉. He said that pouring real data in the sim engine gives you the same clouds that you see in a RW weather picture or so I understand.

Dominique

Imagine for a second we can explore the whole world, some unknown teritories too, not even the Creators know fully what they build and what exists out there and if you just found an artefact you maybe get suddenly a weather change too! Interesting adventures await us!