Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 24th 2019 - Development/Insider Update

Nice seeing that slider to choose the time of the day in real-time, but what about another slider to choose the day of the year in real-time? (Even though the scenery itself has no seasons (yet), but the lighting changes over the year.

Siggy Schwarz

16 minutes ago, F737NG said:

CC isn't perfect with David's or Lionel's accents. He said "how we pour this in the menu of the game and how you can actually see the exact same clouds in-game."
(Can't believe I had to translate that for a french speaker 😉)

From that statement, I imagine that there will be a graphical representation of weather in a weather-specific menu, followed by it being recreated while flying.

For these few seconds, CC works flawlessly. The menu he refers to is, I presume, the menu we see  a few minutes before. But what he meant (exegesis ! 😃) is that with real data inputs you get a true representation of the real weather 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

And that girl & guy, coming out of the office block! I mean who wears brown shoes with a black suit!!! Jeeeeeeeeesssss! Yes I am joking, for goodness sake! This is a PRE ALPHA build.

I know it's pre-alpha but why does that mean we can't give feedback lol? I don't get some people here with their "Easy tiger" and "goodness sake".  If you don't point out anything you don't like then Microsoft won't notice and can easily assume there is nothing wrong with it.

As a Software Engineer, I would be very disappointed if all my users ever gave me was positive feedback.  As that normally means they either haven't looked at what I have done in enough detail or they are happy to lie to me.  Nothing is perfect.

EDIT: Why do you think MS is releasing all these previews? They are presenting these as effectively finished products, and this is your opportunity to give your opinion on it.  The only relevance it being in development has is that it may still have bugs and it can still be changed - but they won't plan to change anything if people are generally happy.

Edited by KillerKlient
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, NotASenator said:

It's really interesting in the Seattle time-lapse cloud-layer section of the video to see how well the engine does with the Museum of Pop Culture (probably a pre-fab model) but stumbles on the Pacific Science Center, which seems like photogammetry:

outE9Qe.png

21Tcb2P.png

While I was posting this, there were like 10 new replies. Great to see people so excited.

It’s like ‘spot the difference’ competition 😂

42 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

I agree to an extent, but new generations into commercial training programmes are going to expect/ benefit from greater fidelity and immersion, I would argue.

With regard to the military training realm, training outcomes are determined through a rigorous training needs analysis, which then determines the optimal medium for the training to occur.  I agree students may "want" more visual immersion, but if the needs analysis doesn't determine the training device must provide that capability, then it will not be implemented.  There are always collections of training outcomes considered as "wants", but never implemented due to cost.

As for fidelity, today's Level-D simulators are modeled in as near a one-to-one equivalency as is possible.  Thousands of man hours and millions of dollars are spent instrumenting test aircraft to capture moment/acceleration forces all around the airframe as part of replicating an accurate flight model.  The need for accurate flight modeling for a Level-D simulator is of far greater importance than flight modeling for computer-based training situations.  Of course having as accurate a flight model as possible when sitting at a PC is beneficial, it is far more important and critical it be accurate for the Level-D simulator.

• Like 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

57 minutes ago, BA7705 said:

It’s like ‘spot the difference’ competition 😂

Talking of spotting things, what is with the two giant spiders on the bottom left building in the lower image?  Yikes! 😲

I'm deeply impressed by this presentation. It really is more than I could have ever dreamed of from a flight sim, with such an amazing atmosphere to complement the terrain. We are very close to having our cake and eating it 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stratocaster said:

what is with the two giant spiders on the bottom left building in the lower image?  Yi 

🙂

bugs (you know this is stil an alpha 😇)

• Like 6

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

15 hours ago, kelvinr said:

Looks fantastic! I am curious about how seasons will work. In winter some countries have snow in certain areas and others don't. 

In New Zealand winter there's a lot of snow in the south island and some areas of the North island but I've never seen snow in Auckland so I'd be really interested in seeing how seasons will work as this hasn't been demonstrated yet and doesn't look to be in the rest of the road map. 

My two cents. 

There are no seasons

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

4 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

There are no seasons

Yet.

Dominique

13 hours ago, flyingcarpet89 said:

1080p doesn't do justice to these episodes. I really wish they would do these episodes in 4k!

YouTube compresses everything to make it easily available.  Remember the previous episode was something like 700MB.

Still can't help feeling this is one incredible elaborate joke 😁... the leap forward from what we have today in so many aspects of the sim are simply unbelievable!

Wondering if terrain will cast shadows? At 7:50 in the video where the time of day slider is demonstrated, the terrain shadows do not appear to change?

• Like 1

Darren Morris

12 hours ago, Claviateur said:

Impressive indeed. I can't wait to see if we, canadians, will be lucky to have snow with accumulation for some challenging IFR during our winters' snow storms.

No, summer only

1 hour ago, Superdelphinus said:

Of all the add-on developers, HI Fi are amongst my very few favourites, so I hope they can survive and find a space to fill in the new sim. Who knows, maybe they have been one of the partnerships they’re going to announce at some point. 

I have wondered about HiFi as they mentioned early in the year on their forum they had huge news to announce late 2019 or early 2020.  Asobo/MS mentioned numerous times in interviews they are using other parties that are already knowledgeable about certain aspects in the sim.  HiFi is one of the most respected developers out there at least for me as I have used them since their very first release back in early 2000's.  I do hope they have some part in this!  Although who knows, this looks like a totally different way of gathering WX data and displaying it.  It does not appear as if they are simply interpreting Metars.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

11 hours ago, viz said:

It appears that trees have somehow been applied over the building, causing a conflict.

I have the DrZewicki demo of their Chicago scenery and was quite surprised to see trees growing in the middle of Soldier Field :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

I have wondered about HiFi as they mentioned early in the year on their forum they had huge news to announce late 2019 or early 2020.  Asobo/MS mentioned numerous times in interviews they are using other parties that are already knowledgeable about certain aspects in the sim.  HiFi is one of the most respected developers out there at least for me as I have used them since their very first release back in early 2000's.  I do hope they have some part in this!  Although who knows, this looks like a totally different way of gathering WX data and displaying it.  It does not appear as if they are simply interpreting Metars.

My counter argument would be: they didn't manage to release an addon with noise generated clouds or volumetric clouds during all these years, do i really want to believe they managed to do it just now and for a new simulator?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."