Sign in to follow this  
nas123

MS, I am so sad and disappointed

As a flight simmer since the early days of Flight Simulator 2, I feel so neglected by MS 😞 

I was not invited as one of the for Alpha Tech testers, but some new flight simmers born after the FS2004 edition came out were?

What a shame.

Don't MS appreciating us old customers????

I think I'll invest in XPLANE11 and never look back.

Not serious, just kidding(but a little disappointed I must admit)

I have also been with MSFS since the FS5 days (I did have FS4 on Mac before that) and since then never had a Computer without an FS on board (pun intended). But there most probably were other priorities in the selection process. Think of it this way. If being in Alpha 1 doesn't guarantee being in Alpha 2 and the chances for you being able to participate in any build is very high, the later it gets the better the experience 😉

For me FS2020 is trashed for good!

They didn't invite the Uninstaller, so now no one will really have feedback on how efficient it is to uninstall that sim...

That's their problem...

Next step will be to fully migrate to OS or Linux - no more Windowzeeee for me!

War Thunder runs beautifully on those platforms too...

😎

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm just curious where the 32gb memory requirement came from. Was that ms or someone making more assumptions? 

I think a lot of those accepted into the Alpha program are in for a bit of a surprise when they realise they don't have access to the full game.

It is likely to be limited in aircraft and area with missing functions because that is what makes sense for testing an alpha build in early stages.

They will want to check how the core engine and basic streaming technology performs in real world situations and iron out any game stopping bugs that crop up on different systems before testing specific aspects of the game.

At least that is how I expect it to go but we will see.

1 hour ago, Casualcas said:

I'm just curious where the 32gb memory requirement came from. Was that ms or someone making more assumptions? 

It is a general assumption because the overwhelming majority of testers selected have 32GB RAM. There was a report that someone on a Facebook group was selected with 16GB RAM, but that's the only reported case so far.

5 minutes ago, Mucker said:

I think a lot of those accepted into the Alpha program are in for a bit of a surprise when they realise they don't have access to the full game.

It is likely to be limited in aircraft and area with missing functions because that is what makes sense for testing an alpha build in early stages.

They said that they will be testing different things with each alpha build, so this is probably the case.

Oh, I'm sure. I'm not too worried. I had no plans on upgrading my motherboard anyway. 

1 hour ago, Mucker said:

They will want to check how the core engine and basic streaming technology performs in real world situations and iron out any game stopping bugs that crop up on different systems before testing specific aspects of the game.

At least that is how I expect it to go but we will see.

If you’ve ever done alpha/beta testing for software then you won’t be surprised at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

NAX669.png

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

For me FS2020 is trashed for good!

They didn't invite the Uninstaller, so now no one will really have feedback on how efficient it is to uninstall that sim...

That's their problem...

Next step will be to fully migrate to OS or Linux - no more Windowzeeee for me!

War Thunder runs beautifully on those platforms too...

😎

Well for years you've always described your system specs as being just above those of a baked potato! 🤣

Did you ever actually try to sign up?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

53 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Well for years you've always described your system specs as being just above those of a baked potato! 🤣

Did you ever actually try to sign up?

I did Devon, and my Dxdiag isn't that bad !  

Anyway, the fault is on ya, and Pasta... You were the reason why I finally found how much happiness and immersion I could get from WT 🙂

While - of course - I am happy about the energy that FS2020 will bring to the civil flightsim community, pushing the competition fwd, and bringing users a new reason to dedicate to this interesting hobby, truth is, an that's really the truth, my interest for these sims dropped so so much when I started enjoying, first DCS World and IL-2 GB and now even much more War Thunder that I really look at any developments in the MS, XP or other civil flight platforms at most as a curious observer.

BTW: WT is as easy to uninstall / reinstall as XP, but I only did that twice to move it to better disks... 🙂  I LOVE WT!

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Same here, I am around since MSFS V3 (1991) and I create scenery since (FS98) and I think so many have the same profile around here. However, in my opinion, this is not a criteria for Alpha selection.

As many mentioned it already, Alpha testing has nothing to do with Betas that is more common as programs opened to the public. With Alphas, we usually don't have access to the whole thing and we won't be able necessarly to try every possible feature and scenario...

So I much prefer to be in the early Betas rather than Alphas personally even if I will not say No if they add me to the Alpha pool(s) as I understand and accept the fact they have a controlled and limited pool of testers as well as a limited set of features at this stage of the software development process...

On the other hand, we will be happy to be in the Beta(s) as they expose to us the real deal, the "locked" features we will get in the first release version. With betas we will have a more accurate and global idea about the software performance (unless major bugs give flawed performance in the Betas but I doubt...)

So again, this recruitment process made many think it's the same as a Beta testing program as it was the case of Flight...

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

Nice to see everyone not picked keeping a stiff upper lip in here. 😀

xw1r6odnjju31.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

Well I am gutted as well sob sob and I had just brought an extra 16gb . Probably wont get on tech 2 as well as have too much now.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

They've said everyone who signs up will get to test at least once. So I imagine during the Beta phase there will be a point where everyone can try it.

Edited by Tuskin38

I remember back when there were no home computers at all so you had to rent a real airplane to have flight  fun ( FS = 0 )....then came FS1... been typing control letters into computers ever since (circa 1983)

Yet NO ALPHA 😭 i.e. no FS=A

Suggestion to MS: Give us all access to the build even though we are not reporting bugs

Edited by peppy197