Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Tip-of-the-Wings to SPADNext

Just wanted to give a shout out to the app SPADNext as I tried to use it years back and could not for the life of me get it to work with my Saitek (now Logitech), panels.  My equipment literally sat there for a couple of years I as progressed into P3Dv4.5.  

I had heard they recently released a new version so I dedicated an evening of several hours thinking that is the minimum I would need, and installed the latest version.  I installed with no issues, watched a 15 minute You Tube vid to get my bearings, used a default profile to start and WHOLAA! It all worked!  This never happened in the past.  My Logitech Multi Panel, Switch Panel and two Radio Panels.  Did a flight with a Project Airbus A19 from Phoenix KPHX to San Diego KSAN and was impressed on how it was all working.  Next I need to look into the BIP panel and I'm sure some tweaking and trying out a custom profile.

Thanks to all over at SPADNext for a superb evening flight.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Are BIP panels even available anymore?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

SPADNext is a great product for Saitek panels. Bought Saitek panels many years ago but the software was worse than worse - junk. Thank goodness for SPADNext!

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Fully agree! Can't fly without SPAD!

I have almost all my addon aircraft programmed with SPAD. You will see my profiles on the online tab.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

17 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Are BIP panels even available anymore?

I think I bought the very last one available in the states at a FRYs in Southern California 2 yrs ago. It was a close out item. I live in Texas and had to have a friend pick it up as the store wouldn't ship it. You can find some used ones but they want big bucks. Had no issues setting it up in SPAD NEXT. You wont find many online profiles that use it. If you find a unit Ill post a basic BIP profile for you. 

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

FreeBird,

I already have a BIP panel so please post your profile so I can try it out.

Clutch

19 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

FreeBird,

I already have a BIP panel so please post your profile so I can try it out.

Clutch

If you go to online profiles find my A2A Bonanza V-Tail . For the Low fuel warning just adjust the numbers to your liking.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Hey Freebird, if you happen to catch this post, so I finally was gonna take the time and install/try out your profile for the BIP.  I opened online profiles in SPADnext and saw it.  Clciked on it but then I had to close SPAD next for another reason.   Opened SPAD again and now your profile is gone?  Do you still it available?  Strange?  I just went through all the online profiles and it looks like your was the only one that has assignments for BIP.  Gee, guess the panel is a rare bird.

Update.  - after shutting down SPADnext for awhile I reopened and the profile in now visible so it may just have been some recycling that needed to be done.  Yahoo!  After several years I finally have the BIP panel working - Lots o' Lights 🙂 

Edited by Clutch Cargo
Just an update