Sign in to follow this  
KBUR

Sidney FREEWARE in development

Brunnobellic, a very talented freeware developer has announced the next city for AFS2 (see here  Aerofly Forum )

Sidney preview pictures:

&thumbnail=1

&thumbnail=1

&thumbnail=1

&thumbnail=1

&thumbnail=1

Cheers and all the best.

• Like 4

As a general rule it looks great. I just wish the default facades were a little bit more interesting.

Also, Ipacs would do the aerofly scenery scene a great favor by allowing the Sim to create unique shapes not necessarily made up of rectangles and squares.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Its spelt SYdney

& that "bloody monorail" on the pyrmont bridge is now in tasmania i think..............

for now, cheers

john martin

5 hours ago, vadriver said:

& that "bloody monorail" on the pyrmont bridge is now in tasmania i think..............

Yeah, the NSW Government donated it to Tassie, now in Hobart.

steve southey

I did not know Hobart has any part of that monorail operating! Sydney is an interesting place. I worked in the Sydney GPO in the late 60's and remember when Goldfields House was built. As you come into Circular Quay on a ferry you could see the AMP building on the left of all the ferry docks and the new and similarly sized Goldfields House construction on the right. Goldfields House has now been torn down in yet another redevelopment project. To me the monorail was an attractive and neat way to see the city sights and I lamented its passing in 2013. City skylines are forever changing these days.

12 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

As a general rule it looks great. I just wish the default facades were a little bit more interesting.

Also, Ipacs would do the aerofly scenery scene a great favor by allowing the Sim to create unique shapes not necessarily made up of rectangles and squares.

Indeed. I am enjoying the Lofoten freeware but WITHOUT the cultivation because it only makes things look ugly. The buildings all look dull and similar and stick out of the scenery way too much, regardless of the time of day. It's far nicer and feels more realistic to fly above 4500 and higher and enjoy the photoreal textures.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Its spelt SYdney

Thank you for showing up my typo; I overlooked it completely, probably I was thinking about a beautiful girl called Sidney  😉 .

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to correct it.  Not anymore !

More previews of Sydney :

1484-6c6cc621-large.jpg

1485-1aa8e0cd-large.jpg

Here is a good one with its famous Opera House:

1486-87bbd785-large.jpg

1487-07b5dc57-large.jpg

Cheers and all the best

Edited by KBUR
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AOB said:

and I lamented its passing in 2013.

I cheered ...... & will also cheer when the Cahill Expressway over the Quay is removed (the top level road at least).

for now, cheers

john martin

On 10/26/2019 at 10:41 AM, Flamingpie said:

Indeed. I am enjoying the Lofoten freeware but WITHOUT the cultivation because it only makes things look ugly. The buildings all look dull and similar and stick out of the scenery way too much, regardless of the time of day.

VFR Lofoten example

810-hc-5184-jpg

• Like 2