Sign in to follow this  
cannonplug

FS2Crew not Receiving Correct Altitude from Sim

Hi Bryan,

Loving the Crew for the Bus, but I have a small problem I thought you might be able to help me with. FS2Crew isn't seeing the correct altitude I'm flying at. There's always a ca. 350 ft offset between my actual altitude and what the Crew is seeing. For example, if I'm climbing up to FL 350, it won't announce "1000 to go" until I'm passing 34350 and it will never give me the "cruising flight level 350" callout unless I cheat a little and push my altitude up to 35350 feet. This happens with every flight and it was happening before the latest updates to the Bus and to P3d.

I have to be honest; I don't thing it's an FS2Crew issue. I just thought it may be something you've seen before. I do believe it's something limited to simconnect addons (if in fact, FS2Crew uses simconnect). My altitude in ProATC/X, which uses simconnect, also displays an altitude that is 300-400 ft lower than my actual altitude. Addons connecting through WideFS don't have this issue. They show the exact altitude I'm flying at. In addition to figuring this out, the only other troubleshooting I've done is to kill ActiveSky while in cruise (to no avail). I'm really at a loss as to where to turn. If you have no idea what's causing this, I'm hoping you can point me in the direction of someone who might. I'm reluctant to turn to the P3d forum because they're don't seem all that enthusiastic about helping with issues involving addons. Regardless, I'd be very grateful for any help you can provide.

In the end, this isn't a showstopper; it's just incredibly annoying.

Thanks, Bryan!

Regards,

Walter Meier

13 minutes ago, byork said:

Hi Walter,

Are you sure your altimeter is set to standard? 2992?

Yes. Positive. If it were a pressure discrepancy, I imagine the offset would not always be exactly 350 ft

Walter Meier

It is. Thanks for pondering, though, Bryan. I knew it was a shot in the dark. I was hoping you'd come back with an "Oh, I've seen that exact thing before!" 😀 Anyway, I'll keep troubleshooting. Maybe in the end I'll take some more drastic measures.

Thanks again!

Walter Meier

I believe a different offset requires monitoring for the altitude, but that would need confirming with the FSL developers.

Hello, It also started to happen with me, FS2Crew doesnt read the correct altitudes. It has a very big difference and it varies, like 3000ft - 5000ft. 

Also when climbing, the 10000ft flow is done approximate at FL300, and when having lower cruising altitudes it never does the 10000ft flow and it just stucks in cruise mode.

Already tried to uninstall and install again, but no success.

Very annoing.😞

15 minutes ago, Edgar_Junior said:

Hello, It also started to happen with me, FS2Crew doesnt read the correct altitudes. It has a very big difference and it varies, like 3000ft - 5000ft. 

Also when climbing, the 10000ft flow is done approximate at FL300, and when having lower cruising altitudes it never does the 10000ft flow and it just stucks in cruise mode.

Already tried to uninstall and install again, but no success.

Very annoing.😞

That's an easy one to solve 🙂

Your units of measurement for altitude is set to Meters.

You need to change it to "feet" in the P3D options.

That's why your altitudes are so waaaaaayy off.

Cheers,

Just now, jobert49 said:

Hi I am having a similar issue the PM always indicates an altitude which is off by 500 feet.

Can you give me a specific example?

FS2Crew is reading the weather directly.  We've found that some 3rd party wx programs seem to modify the pressure a bit.

Hi Byork

I am using Active Sky on P3D v4.5 and this happens on all my flights with FSLABS A320/321.

I recieve the correct altitudes from the PM when I use the PMDG products

In the PMDG, we can read the altitude directly as shown on the face of the gauge via the MSFS SDK.

With the FSLabs, it's not possible because they're not conforming to the MS SDK.  So we literally have to read the pressure outside the aircraft and do our own math.

But ActiveSky changes the pressure a bit it seems from the standard value... as a result, that one altitude associated callout may be a bit off.