Sign in to follow this  
Brandon01110

Who would pay for access now AND pay for final version?

Who would pay for access now AND pay for final version?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who would pay for access now AND pay for final version?

• YES
    • NO

I hope this is something that Microsoft sees and considers.  I would certainly be willing to pay money to start playing now even though its in alpha stage.  They could put terms and conditions that would state that there would be limited to no technical support until the final version is released.  I for one would be willing to put up with crashes, bugs, ect for the ability to start using this simulator.

Once the final version is released, I would again pay full asking price.

example: $100 for alpha through beta + $100 for the final version

Anyone else?

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

I would be willing to pay a discounted price for the beta (early access product). It would be worth it to me to get to play it now, and get to own it at a lower price than retail when it is fully released; just for the fun of being able to play it now instead of waiting next year or so. Even though it's is not complete, finished, and buggy.

The problem is: some people will get the "early access" product, and then start complaining that it's buggy/not finished, etc, even though they knew that it would be an early access product. And what that means.

I don't think MS would be wanting to deal with that.

We see it with early access games and products now. People buying the early access product, and then complain that "it's not finished".

This might be a way for small, not well funded game companies to raise money while developing their game, but MS is definitely not in that position...

TLDR: I doubt MS will go this route.

Edited by SlowFlyer
  • Upvote 2

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

If my math is right, 7 people were chosen for the alpha and 7 people weren't.😁

• Like 1

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

4 hours ago, Brandon0110 said:

Once the final version is released, I would again pay full asking price

There's one born every minute.

• Upvote 2

David Porrett

4 hours ago, Brandon0110 said:

I hope this is something that Microsoft sees and considers

Hopefully not! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely not. Too many beta testers, with too many configurations and too little experience as testers is a sure fire recipe for a disastrous development. They would literally be swamped with bug reports some legitimate, some totally wrong. Let them develop with a core of chosen testers, expand that group when the product goes beta and release the product to the general population when it's ready. I should add that despite NDA's forums would be flooded with illegitimate complaints and render Microsoft's pretty impressive marketing so far, fairly useless. 

Edited by yidahoo
  • Like 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Already have PC game pass subscription.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I would not be willing to pay anything for a half built simulator when I have a fully working one already installed on my PC.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Lol.. You want to pay for an alpha version? 

Probably for a beta as well, before you pay for the release. 

Seriously, have patience, and pass that money to charity. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

"Early Release" is pretty common for many Steam games. Everyone knows that it's incomplete and understands that many features are not functional.

MS would probably prefer to have more control over the dev/test cycle, so I couldn't see it happening.

Like I have said elsewhere, watch out for Alpha test IDs for sale on ebay 😉

Edited by smoothchat

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

1 hour ago, smoothchat said:

Like I have said elsewhere, watch out for Alpha test IDs for sale on ebay 😉

Put me on the list of people that would buy one, making sure I paid with PayPal, and then immediately inform Microsoft and file a claim in Ebay. It is almost certain to be against the rules somewhere and takes away a legitimate opportunity from someone else who wasn't trying to make the quick buck.