Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Ep#5 : the missing ep

Airports ! I’d love to have a video to see how they  are building aiports. We had a glance on LAX on the initial trailer and one on Renton more recently but they were just that, glances...

Please not Heathrow or CDG or Hong Kong which will be covered by 3PD anyway but medium size aiports (off my hat, what about Mérignac 😀, or, more exotic, Honiara in the Solomons, or Kagoshima etc) and small airfields (Propriano, iconic Darrington, Plockton, etc.).

Edited by domkle
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Let me rephrase it then, how these airports look like  ! The technical know-how is certainly interesting but I care more about the final result 😉.

Example : generic or custom-made towers ?, equipments on ground, wheathering of tarmac, runways, taxiways etc.

Give us a good look !

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

One of the youtubers said it is an option in the settings called "airport workers", just a hint.

• Like 1

Well they should make atleast 1 high detailed airport to show off what their engine is capable of when it comes to airports. Set a bar for 3rd party devs to follow. I think this is very important in setting the expectations right.

• Upvote 4

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

27 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

in setting the expectations right.

Entirely my thought, thats why I proposed to prioritize small and medium airports. I never fly from/to big hubs. Call that selfish expectations 😃 !

On setting the bar, I think that airport 3PD have nothingg to prove anymore !

Edited by domkle

Dominique

2 hours ago, domkle said:

Let me rephrase it then, how these airports look like  ! The technical know-how is certainly interesting but I care more about the final result 😉.

I'm sure we'll get more information soon™️

• Like 1

A few suggestions for other missing episodes, but there is still a lot of time to add more until release:

• Ep#6: sounds
  • Ep#7: SDK (even though some may now know a bit about it, this could still be discussed)
  • Ep#8: Lighting (streets, buildings, ...)

• Like 1

Siggy Schwarz

3 hours ago, domkle said:

generic or custom-made towers ?, equipments on ground, wheathering of tarmac, runways, taxiways etc.

Give us a good look

I second that. They should also include a final and landing. I wonder what non-highres scenery looks like from up close.

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

this is where my minds at too right now.   what does the airport lighting look like?  textures?  objects like windsocks?  Xp has a cool windsock.

What does it look like landing at a mid size default airport in overcast with light rain during the day?

• Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

3 hours ago, sightseer said:

this is where my minds at too right now.   what does the airport lighting look like?  textures?  objects like windsocks?  Xp has a cool windsock.

What does it look like landing at a mid size default airport in overcast with light rain during the day?

The things you mentioned are so important. To get the lighting and overall feel right in those scenarios is going to be a challenge for the devs and I am very interested in seeing how their new graphics engine handles this.

• Like 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

1 hour ago, alternatelaw2 said:

@Baber20 they already showed this in #1 at 2:28 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZL5PCZO8cc

Combine that with 45000 airports .... at that displayed quality, what is there left for ORBX and others???  Actually it is a little hard to believe that this level of detail will apply to all of the "45,0000 airports and a huge amount of "wiggle room" must exist. My best guess is that major American, French English and European airports will feature reasonably well with the rest possibly left for the 3PD boys.

Whatever ensues from now, the community has simply got to be ahead of the game when this platform is released ... I cannot wait

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

14 hours ago, FlyerNYC said:

I guess they are using the satellite technology to generate the airports

Haha, I love it. Makes a photograph sound so sophisticated.

Not forgetting:

• Ep#9: ATC and AI
  • Ep#10: Seasons
  • Ep#11: VR and TrackIR

😆

We're a long way off from v1.0 being ready, so there's still loads of info yet to be made public.

As and when more of the core elements become stable, work will progress onto features that haven't been given a lot of exposure yet - default aiports being one of them.

I'm hoping that default will be a lot more interesting than FSX / P3D equivalents (a bit like XP gateway scenery), otherwise 44,950 airports are going to be irrelevant to me.

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter