Sign in to follow this  
JonP01

A thread for YouTube videos from MS?

Sorry if this has already been done, but it seems that a lot of the content posted by MS on their official FS YouTube video is unlisted - meaning the only way I can access it is via a direct link. I am assuming these videos are unlisted and only available to people who have signed up so to speak, but that doesn't help people like me who couldn't have signed up anyway as they don't even have Windows 10 yet, let alone a computer built in the last decade that would be of any use for the new flight sim.

Through my usual YouTube login, I can only see two videos - but I have seen links posted on these forums showing more than that. For example, the weather system one released a few days ago. Is there somewhere here where the links for the unlisted YouTube videos are all kept as an easy reference?

14 minutes ago, JonP01 said:

I am assuming these videos are unlisted and only available to people who have signed up so to speak, but that doesn't help people like me who couldn't have signed up anyway as they don't even have Windows 10 yet, let alone a computer built in the last decade that would be of any use for the new flight sim.

You can sign up for the Insider Program without signing up for the Tech Alpha. The latter is only available to insiders but otherwise they are two different things. This means you can watch videos and see screenshots while getting more information in advance (like the Development Roadmap previews) without any required participation other than the sign-up process.

I believe that the two Feature Discovery episodes are the only unlisted videos so far.

Off-topic but I don't really understand their Insider Program. It probably has a reason to exist but I can't find it.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

12 minutes ago, simtom said:

Off-topic but I don't really understand their Insider Program. It probably has a reason to exist but I can't find it.

If nothing else, then collecting statistics for sure.

2 minutes ago, Evros said:

If nothing else, then collecting statistics for sure.

Yeah, could be. Seems like something they do for a lot of Microsoft related stuff.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.