Sign in to follow this  
Bohemond

Video: MilViz King Air B350i Unofficial Beta (0.0.37)

Hey, Everyone!
I'm a long-time lurker here and have benefited greatly from the knowledge you've shared.  So, thanks, Avsim.  MilViz recently began releasing unofficial betas of the King Air 350i which was initially released in alpha in 2015.  As you may know, development seemed very slow, but it's hotting up now.  I made a YouTube video tour of the latest unofficial beta with the permission of MilViz.  You'll quickly realize that I'm not a professional videographer (it took me 5 tries to get it "right", if that's what you want to call it!), but you may find it interesting anyway.  I'm not affiliated with MilViz or anyone else; I'm just a flight simmer.  I thought some of you might like to take a look at the bird.  It's looking really promising.  Here's the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=572lKMmGzJ0

Edited by Bohemond
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Todd McDowell

System: Intel i7 8700, ASUS RTX4070, ASUS Z370 TUF Gaming Pro, 48gb Ram, 4k Monitor

Nice video, had no idea this was in the making...dating back to 2015 wow.

thanks for posting 

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Thanks, Guys!  Yeah, it's really looking good.  Milviz are working hard on it now to finish it up.

Todd McDowell

System: Intel i7 8700, ASUS RTX4070, ASUS Z370 TUF Gaming Pro, 48gb Ram, 4k Monitor

Thank you for taking the time to do this.  Do you know, is the FMS database updateable?

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Thank you for taking the time to do this.  Do you know, is the FMS database updateable?

It is.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Ah, really miss the B350 from default airplane, a very good platform for test scenery and utility add-ons.

2 hours ago, JB3DG said:

It is.

Hello Jonathan, just curious. I was under the impression that navigraph has not yet updated their software for this beauty. Is there a workaround for updating the fms?

Mario Di Lauro

That was my impression, too (unable to update the AIRAC).  But I have been known to be wrong (many times, as a matter of fact!).  In the previous beta, MilViz mentioned that they were working with Navigraph to implement the updating of AIRACs.

Todd McDowell

Todd , Great Overview and very instructive , its detailed enough to be able to use as a quick start guide for engine start and system initialization, page management on PFD , CDU and subsystems .

Kudos from the Devs .

Best CJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tamsini said:

Hello Jonathan, just curious. I was under the impression that navigraph has not yet updated their software for this beauty. Is there a workaround for updating the fms?

1 hour ago, Bohemond said:

That was my impression, too (unable to update the AIRAC).  But I have been known to be wrong (many times, as a matter of fact!).  In the previous beta, MilViz mentioned that they were working with Navigraph to implement the updating of AIRACs.

Navigraph usually only makes updates available on release. Until then, only devs have access to updated versions of the database.

• Like 1

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I thought Milviz was going to use Mindstar’s RealNavData exclusively for their 350i much like Eaglesoft dev group is going to use on the current business jets they have in development right now. Hopefully they can do Navigraph. 

Not sure where you got that idea....We are absolutely using Navigraph.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Release date projections...?: ) this looks so awesome!

also how is the turbine engine modelling? I think I recall they were going outside the p3d engine to make something customized...

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10