Sign in to follow this  
Bigmarty

Experience with Propwash PWS530?

I have been using the Reality GNS 530 for a while and find it a bit frustrating using the mouse to manage the unit. I have been looking at the Propwashsim PWS530 and was wondering if anyone has this product and if so what they think of it.

Here is a link to the site - https://www.propwashsim.com/store/new-propwashsim-gns530-simulated-gps-flight-simulation-gps-great-instrument-trainer

Thanks for any feedback.

Martin

8 hours ago, Bigmarty said:

I have been using the Reality GNS 530 for a while and find it a bit frustrating using the mouse to manage the unit. I have been looking at the Propwashsim PWS530 and was wondering if anyone has this product and if so what they think of it.

Here is a link to the site - https://www.propwashsim.com/store/new-propwashsim-gns530-simulated-gps-flight-simulation-gps-great-instrument-trainer

Thanks for any feedback.

Martin

There are two separate sets of mouse cursors.  Have you tried both the standard set and the legacy set?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks for the reply. I actually don't know what you mean by "legacy" mouse. I assume I am using the standard mouse. I have searched "legacy mouse" and can't find anything that seems to apply here. Perhaps you could provide a bit more information for me.

Martin

1 hour ago, Bigmarty said:

Perhaps you could provide a bit more information for me.

Hi,

This is fully described in the RXP GNS User's Manual (along with many other useful information especially for interacting the GNS V2 with external controls).

Anyhow, it looks like the hardware vendor is offering a Reality XP ready solution. Have you tried contacting them first?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

3 hours ago, Bigmarty said:

I actually don't know what you mean by "legacy" mouse.

It is not legacy mouse.  I was referring to the mouse cursors, or pointers that you see on you computer screen.  There are two selectable sets.  These change shape. at different places on the on-screen gauge, depending on where you point your mouse.  If you go into the Setup menu and into Advanced Settings you will find an option to use Legacy Mouse Knobs.  That setting changes the size shape and color of the pointers.  Try selecting that option and see if it works any better for you in managing the unit.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

That setting changes the size shape and color of the pointers

This also changes the mouse/knobs interaction principles (left click CCW, right click CW, middle click push).

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Again, thank you for the replies. I have looked thru the manual several times, but I looked again and found how to get to advanced settings. I checked and it looks like I have been using the legacy mouse settings all along. I guess I set this up when I first got the gps, but don't recall for sure.

I don't want to give the impression that I am not using the gps because of frustrations with the mouse. I actually use it frequently and manage ok despite the frustrations. I just think that having actual dials etc would be a major plus over the mouse, and that is why I am interested int the Propwash product. So I would still like to hear if anyone has had experience with the PWS530.

Martin

One further update - after rebooting my system and loading the aircraft with the gps  I see that I was not using the legacy mouse settings after all. I am now and it is better, so thanks again for this suggestion.

Martin

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing your experience, this will certainly help other customers wondering about this!

Has anyone used the PWS140 AP module ???
What impressions ?
If so, is it possible to assign custom functions to buttons and encoders?

On 3/20/2020 at 1:53 PM, Bulva said:

Does the device affect the FPS decrease ???

I don't see any reduction in frame rates. However, I have the device running off my pc onboard video card because my main video card will only run 4 monitors, and I need 5 with the PWS 530. I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

Thanks.I think I'll decide on PMS-530.
Until now I thought about RealSimGear GNS530, but there is a significant difference in price. I hope I won't regret it ;-).

Edited by Bulva