Sign in to follow this  
SledDriver

HF1 running good. Should I go for HF2?

I fly P3D HF1 with ASP4, SF3D, EnvDir/Shade/Tex, EnvForce. FFTF Dynamic, RTSS. I use almost exclusively RealAir/VertX planes and UK photo scenery with UK2000 airports.

Rig is 8700K delidded clocked to 5Ghz at all times with AVX offsets at 0, 32GB ram, and a clocked GTX980Ti. 

This is all running very nicely. Smooth 30fps

Should I upgrade to HF2?

What benefit is there? Are there any drawbacks? Do my addons work well with HF2?

Is the frame rate still dropping in HF2 as I see reported here?

If I go for HF2, which parts of P3D do I need to update?

Cheers

Edited by SledDriver

1 hour ago, SledDriver said:

Should I upgrade to HF2?

What benefit is there? Are there any drawbacks? Do my addons work well with HF2?

Is the frame rate still dropping in HF2 as I see reported here?

If I go for HF2, which parts of P3D do I need to update?

Definitively you should update. Do a search, and will notice that most - if not all - of the add-ons you mention are already updated to work with HF2.

You only really need to update the Client component. Search for the existing videos at P3D website on how to update the Client component, they'll tell you all that you need to know.

On my installation, I didn't notice any negative impact on FPS after updating to HF2.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 hours ago, Arthur42417 said:

wait for HF3 or p3dv4.6😁👍

Heh. Yeah - end up waiting forever...

It is especially important to update if you have PBR-based airports or other PBR-based items. There is a bug in HF1 that causes excess shimmering, etc with PBR. See https://www.prepar3d.com/news/2019/09/115750/ 

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

All the products you've listed have been updated and/or compatible with HF2, so yes, update as you'll need HF2 for some 3rd party products to work correctly.

Windows 10 latest OS updates + HF2 have been extremely good for me on the performance front.  

What I have avoided installing this time around ... ORBX Vector and any of the OpenLC products ... for whatever reason they don't seem to play well with my setup.  Everything else ORBX loaded and working (including all regions and TE products and long list of other 3rd party airports and add-ons).

Cheers, Rob.

What I have avoided installing this time around ... ORBX Vector and any of the OpenLC product.

in What aspect are they not playing well?

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Performance, regular long frames.  I have a hunch why, but haven’t really explored the why to pin it down ... just no time, so dont use it.

Cheers, Rob.

Is it needed to reinstall?i forgot all about it as i havent touch central 3(didnt upgrade to v4)

Something about removing a. txt file per product in orbx folder right? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

18 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

What I have avoided installing this time around ... ORBX Vector and any of the OpenLC products ... for whatever reason they don't seem to play well with my setup.  Everything else ORBX loaded and working (including all regions and TE products and long list of other 3rd party airports and add-ons).

In fact, ORBX has been dealing with so many problems since the inception of their ORBX Central back in August. Since then, ORBX has released 23 iterations of this software, without success, causing display problems to a lot of setups (including mine). Those pioneers who migrated their ORBX scenery outside their sim using ORBX Central are the ones who have suffered the most.

I'm afraid I'll not be buying new scenery from ORBX until all these problems are finally sorted out.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I would strongly suggest that you not update. There are reports both here and elsewhere of problems when more than one version of a third party airport BGL is active in the scenery library when using HF2. This was first reported by fsaerodata users for HF2, but I hadn't personally seen the problem until today when starting a flight from an MAIW Global airport. A number of add-ons install additional airport BGL files, for example, any individual 3rd party airport version (FlyTampa, FSDT, Flightbeam, Aerosoft, etc.), MAIW Global, various ORBX add-ons, fsaerodata and various AI traffic add-ons)

Unfortunately, LM does not have a download available for P3d 4.5 HF1.

Hmm. I did update last night and did a few short flights between airports and all was good.

I also did a full system backup before I updated, so I have a way back easily if problems do turn up.

Hi,

I'm on HF1 still myself; I've become paranoid about breaking anything in the sim since it has been running so good lately, and if the latest update (HF2) were to introduce performance issues (although it sounds like it hasn't from what I've been reading) or outright break anything I am frankly not sure I have the time to fiddle around with things (work is nuts)….which might lead me to getting rusty on things due to no desire to fly a stuttery sim so staying put for now out of sheer paranoia.

Rob, agree that Vector is brutal on a system, it is the only product I own that I deliberately uninstalled.  It's an awesome concept/product but ahead of it's time for what it demands from the CPU.  I look forward to the day when I can re-enable it though.

Let's face it, landing is a joy and usually spot-on when the frame rates are coming at you fast and furious.  It's one of the things I loved about FS9...sheer and unbridled fidelity!

Mark

On 10/27/2019 at 10:54 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Performance, regular long frames.  I have a hunch why, but haven’t really explored the why to pin it down ... just no time, so dont use it.

Cheers, Rob.

Please advise us all,  if and when you do. 
ide be curious to know your findings

Thanks 

mike