Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Latest GTN installation is a disaster

Upgrading the GTN complete from Flight 1 and the associated Garmin Trainer to the latest version installs into P3D V4.5 HF2 just fine but then does not configure properly and keeps failing any attempt to configure. Posting on the appropriate Flight One forum results in no answers, and there are several posts there already with the same problem. Sending a support ticket only gets you sent back to the forum where there are no answers. I am hoping someone here might have an answer. Any ideas? Any thoughts?

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Maybe you should first carefully uninstall F1 GTN and Garmin Trainer and check the usual suspects (Program Data, Roaming and Local Folders) for any leftovers. Then install F1 GTN via F1 Purchase Agent and then GTN Trainer (V 2.500 !). This worked for me.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

14 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Maybe you should first carefully uninstall F1 GTN and Garmin Trainer and check the usual suspects (Program Data, Roaming and Local Folders) for any leftovers. Then install F1 GTN via F1 Purchase Agent and then GTN Trainer (V 2.500 !). This worked for me.

Yes, I've done all that a couple of times. No go. They suggested at Flight 1 installing with anti virus off. I did that too, but got nowhere. The installation works fine, it's the config tool that is the problem. It doesn't accept the new installation. Strange...

Lee

Lee H

just a thought, have you clicked on the 'Update Tool ' ( on your desktop )to check your up to date with the correct version of Prepar3D ie Supported Simulator Versions.

bob

3 hours ago, onebob said:

just a thought, have you clicked on the 'Update Tool ' ( on your desktop )to check your up to date with the correct version of Prepar3D ie Supported Simulator Versions.

bob

Absolutely up to date! It's the configuration tool. I think there is a fault in the programming of it. The GTN package and the Garmin Trainers all install just fine and are accesible, but when you go to configure the GTN for your aircraft, the tool fails and cannot complete the task.

Lee

Lee H

1 hour ago, Midnight Music said:

Absolutely up to date! It's the configuration tool. I think there is a fault in the programming of it. The GTN package and the Garmin Trainers all install just fine and are accesible, but when you go to configure the GTN for your aircraft, the tool fails and cannot complete the task.

Lee

You are running it  as admin , right?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Or you could request a refund and switch to Reality XP GTN. You'll get excellent support here at the AVSIM/Reality XP forum.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You are running it  as admin , right?

Absolutely, always do!

All of the above has been posted at the Flight 1 forum, but not a peep anywhere. At least here you get some ideas.

Lee

Lee H

13 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Absolutely, always do!

All of the above has been posted at the Flight 1 forum, but not a peep anywhere. At least here you get some ideas.

Lee

You posted your issue on Sunday morning on F1 forum . Might wait for a response on a weekday. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Okay, I finally solved it! The fault was in the Flight1 Purchase tool. It kept sending me to an install of a slightly earlier version rather than the newest version of the GTN Setup and I did not notice that. Once I deleted that older information and started over, it finally loaded and delivered the newest version. Everything worked from there. Whew!

Lee

• Upvote 1

Lee H