Sign in to follow this  
sunmartial

Map resizing

Hello Guys

I am using voice control for pushback, with version 1.3, and everthing is working great. The only problem is that sometimes the map will pop up on pushback, and I don't want it to do this. I have already unticked the map setting in the aircraft profile.

Is there a way to resize and relocate the map and to have this position and size saved? That way I can make it small and hide it in a corner somewhere, so that it doesn't matter if it pops up....

Thanks

Sounds like the voice command "open map" is being detected.

Please check your log file to check.

You may want to try adjusting the sensitivity on your mic.

As for resizing and relocating the map, I'll pass the mic over to Manuel.

Hey Guys,

17 hours ago, sunmartial said:

The only problem is that sometimes the map will pop up on pushback, and I don't want it to do this

Yes, As Bryan stated, the module is picking up the "open map" voice command. I think a "push-to-talk" feature would fix this, but at the moment is not implemented. You could also try adjusting your mic sensibility.

17 hours ago, sunmartial said:

Is there a way to resize and relocate the map and to have this position and size saved?

I think it's also possible, but it's not implemented yet in the module.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

Thanks Bryan and Manuel.

1 hour ago, Manuel82 said:

Yes, As Bryan stated, the module is picking up the "open map" voice command.

Strange, because the program is certainly quite fussy with other commands. If I miss a word or something, I don't get a response. But it seems if i am silent, it somehow hears "open map"! 🙂

I don't really want to reduce the mic volume, as it has been tweaked to work with my intercom system, ATC comms, etc etc. Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity in the Windows speech detection settings perhaps?

1 hour ago, Manuel82 said:
18 hours ago, sunmartial said:

Is there a way to resize and relocate the map and to have this position and size saved?

I think it's also possible, but it's not implemented yet in the module.

Would it be possible to include this in the next update please? I would think it's quite a basic feature that most users would benefit from, as many people have multiple monitors, and may have a preference on where they would like the map to show up....

In the meantime, is there any "behind the scenes" fix you could suggest to me? Such as deleting a certain file somewhere to stop the map from triggering. I have a full size cockpit, so I will  never use a pop up map, as it is simply not realistic for me to have a map pop up on my 230-degree wrap around outside screen. 🙂 So, I would be happy to tinker with the program under your guidance until the next update to stop the map from popping up.

Thanks in advance.

21 minutes ago, sunmartial said:

Strange, because the program is certainly quite fussy with other commands. If I miss a word or something, I don't get a response

Yep, it happens with long phrases. With short ones its quite a bit easy to trigger them.

Would it be possible to include this in the next update please? I would think it's quite a basic feature that most users would benefit from, as many people have multiple monitors

Will add it to the to-do list.

In the meantime, is there any "behind the scenes" fix you could suggest to me? Such as deleting a certain file somewhere to stop the map from triggering

If your speech recognition engine is US English,, then go to the 409.ini file located in:

C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Roaming\Ultimate Ground Crew X\Language

then you could change the voice command phrases:

Phrase.26=Open map
Phrase.27=Close map

To something like

Phrase.26=Please open the airport map now
Phrase.27=Please close the airport map now

Then restart P3D (or FSX, if you are using FSX).

Making voice commands as a large phrase, it becomes more difficult that the engine would pick it up than short phrases like "open map"/"close map". Of course if you need to open the airport map, you would need to say "Please open the airport map now" instead. This is meanwhile a workaround.

Cheers,

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Hi Manuel

That's great! I'll try that. My language is set to English-UK. Can you please tell me which file I need to edit?

Thanks a lot.

The 809.ini file for UK English, which is located under the same path/directory I mentioned. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

spacer.png