Sign in to follow this  
wale03

Afcad and Photoscenery split

Hello, I have some freeware sceneries with photoscenery installed but after P3dV4.5 HF2, the afcads are in a different position from the photoscenery, sometimes even flipped. Anyone have an idea what's going on and can help? I also have ORBX Global and Vector installed. Thanks

Wale

UykR0bh.jpg

What photoreal scenery is it and what do you mean by "split"?  If it occurred right after you installed P3dV4.5 HF2 , can you deactivate that to see if the issue goes away?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Yeah... agree, I cannot picture the problem you are trying to describe. Did the airports move or did the scenery surrounding the airport (photoscenery) shift from the default landclass?  And as for flipped... the airport is upside down?

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Yeah... agree, I cannot picture the problem you are trying to describe. Did the airports move or did the scenery surrounding the airport (photoscenery) shift from the default landclass?  And as for flipped... the airport is upside down?

Instead of the afcad and photo scenery sitting together, they're separated by a couple of meters. This is the LivingFS Lagos scenery for example I spawned at a gate, the photoscenery is at the top left and I'm at the middle.  https://ibb.co/Lr2My24

Edited by wale03

Ok, your explanation makes more sense now.  Adding photoreal scenery can cause misaligned of airports as compared to default.  Do a search on Google for "free AFCADs" or "photo-aligned AFCADs", something like that.  Simmers have corrected hundreds (if not 1,000's) so they properly line up together.  Start with that.

If it is a particular 3rd-party airport that has an issue, that developer may have their own AFCAD or solution so their product lines up.

Edited by Clutch Cargo

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

31 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Ok, your explanation makes more sense now.  Adding photoreal scenery can cause misaligned of airports as compared to default.  Do a search on Google for "free AFCADs" or "photo-aligned AFCADs", something like that.  Simmers have corrected hundreds (if not 1,000's) so they properly line up together.  Start with that.

If it is a particular 3rd-party airport that has an issue, that developer may have their own AFCAD or solution so their product lines up.

Thanks Clutch, I'll go fishing and see what I can find. Would it be possible for me to remove the photo and use the scenery like that? I've tried deleting some bgls that are photo named to no luck.

Sometimes you can do that.  With our simwestSOCAL scenery I have found mixing in some 3rd-party airports you can remove some of their photoreal files to better match up but that is more of a hit-n-miss.  You can also try to switch the priorities in your Scenery Library.  For example, if you have the airport at a higher priority than a photoreal scenery move the airport priority just below it.  An easy and quick way to see if that helps. 

In your case @wale03, the problem does NOT seem to be the photoreal, actually, rather the groundpoly. If I'm not mistaken, this scenery is the LivingFS Lagos X, right? have a close look at the photoreal background, and see how well it matches up with the terminal buildings? They appear to be in exactly the right spot. Rather, the groundpoly has moved. I would suggest reinstalling, first of all, and if that doesn't help, reach out to the developer for any fixes. In the meantime you could try switching off the groundpoly. Using software liked ModelConverterX you cna lead the various BGL files until you find the one that contains the groundpoly, then change the .bgl extension into .off, and it'll be gone next time you load the sim.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case