Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Library Status

Good morning,

As you all may or may not have noticed, Avsim.com had suffered a major server hiccup. While the main site with the forums has been restored, the library is still in the restore process. Unfortunately, while we are working to restore all files, anything uploaded after 10/16/19 will not be restored immediately or at all. So any authors who uploaded anything on 10/16/19 or later may have to re-upload the files. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

anything between 10/16/19 to 10/28/19 does not work as from Brian's post

anything from the 29th works

Lee

Ok i try to download Project Airbus A32x family FD-FMC 2.0 but for some reason it won't complete,anybody has any idea??

Mamush

Have the same problem with pa_a320_fd-fmc_2.0.zip .

Even using a download manager it always finishes with less than the full file size (Free download manager says: "remote server closed connection") leaving a corrupt zip file.

On 11/6/2019 at 6:01 PM, meerkat said:

Have the same problem with pa_a320_fd-fmc_2.0.zip .

Even using a download manager it always finishes with less than the full file size (Free download manager says: "remote server closed connection") leaving a corrupt zip file.

I'm afraid the library is simply broken and by the look of it, nobody seems to bother with repairs. These problems have been around for weeks. Typical symptoms are: 

- non-finishing downloads
- 540 Gateway timeouts
- 404 errors on files that should exist

Sadly, some of the files are only available here, so unless the library gets repaired at some point, they may be lost. 

6 hours ago, dschoene said:

I'm afraid the library is simply broken and by the look of it, nobody seems to bother with repairs. These problems have been around for weeks. Typical symptoms are: 

- non-finishing downloads
- 540 Gateway timeouts
- 404 errors on files that should exist

Sadly, some of the files are only available here, so unless the library gets repaired at some point, they may be lost. 

I just downloaded the file and had no problems downloading it - https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=pa_a320_fd-fmc_2.0.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search.  That is the frustrating part of your post in that about 6 hours ago you could not download it?  The Library is under total revision and being updated and this might have been the cause of your issues.  The AVSIM Main Site has been up and down recently too.  Brian Sperduto, the AVSIM Tech, is trying to track down the issues we have suffered recently.  If you cannot download a file or see a problem, go to the main page of the Library and send a contact form to the Library Administrator.  The Library Administrator may not be aware of the issue as there is a lot more than just this one file in the AVSIM Library. 

The Library Administrator tried to explain some of the issues he is seeing in the Library and apologized for any inconvenience.  What else can he do other than read your complaint which may or may not have existed 6 hours ago.  He cannot fix this issue.  He can only report it to the AVSIM Tech who immediately troubleshoots the issue and attempts to fix it.  AVSIM is constantly being updated by the website provider, Inversion.  When the late owner was doing the work of the AVSIM Tech, he would simply shutdown the Library and not return it to service until the problem was fixed.  We are trying to keep the Library up and running while continuing to update the Library software.  Please try to be patient.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

@Brian_A_Neuman

Thank you for the explanation. I’ve been trying to download a file by Patrice Mathieu of a repaint for the Carenado ATR. He had upload a Canadian North repaint on October 23. Instead of a picture it just shows the Avsim vertical stabilizer. When you click on the link you get a message saying it’s not longer there. I then started noticing other files missing that had been uploaded around the same time. 

I’ve sent Patrice an email before Christmas, but have yet to see a reply. Is there any possibility of it being added?

Thank you for everything you and your team does.

Cheers,

Colin