Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

Good old ATIS

I've transited from Vox 6.52 to Vox 7.42 recently because of the latter's ability to read the flightplan.bgl files which I generate from AILiveTraffic. This allows me to have realistic traffic controlled by VoxATC. However, I still don't get VoxAtc 7.42 to give me a correct arrival ATIS at TOD (or more roughly some 100 nm from destination) withoit restarting it. In Version 6.52 this worked perfectly, since Vox updated destination weather at TOD and the ATIS always designated the runway in the wind to be the landing runway. Vox 7.42. ATIS on the other hand always report winds calm or the weather at the departure airport in the arrival ATIS ALTHOUGH approach will later assign the correct in-the-wind runway for landing. The same problem occurs with STAR assignments which are often wrong and are not available for the runway that will be assigned later because of a missing  or wrong weather update at TOD. Even if I manually close some runways in the AFCAD Vox 7.42 ATIS ignores this and reports the manually closed runways as active. Since Vox 6.52 did all this perfectly, but I don't want to miss the new Vox 7.42 flightplan features, I'm still trying everything to get the best of both versions, but now I'm at my wits end. I even tried to combine the 7.42 indexer with the 6.52 VoxATC.dll with not much luck. Since I can't get through to the developer (ignoring my emails and pleads for years) I ask whether anybody has found a solution for the ATIS problem or can get through to the developer to ask him to fix in v 7.42 what was already correct in v 6.52.? That shouldn't be a big issue.

Best regards

draci

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 9:26 AM, bmaik said:

Even if I manually close some runways in the AFCAD Vox 7.42 ATIS ignores this

draci

firstly, i support / agree with most you write about above ............ including your frustrations with lack of help from TW.

i have had some success closing runways (at airports with paralells but no xwinds) to force a more likely & appropriate star / approach assignment, though i plan to further refine the airac to see if it improves / limits the options for voxatc to call.

i suspect that because of the late read of weather voxatc is culling some approaches such as rnav ones beforehand even to the extent of listing the same approach twice in the list of 15 or so.

my use of 6.52 was limited for a range of reasons at the time ...... maybe i will crank up fsx again just to refresh / enforce the obvious question (why break something if it works ?)

as before, my setup is P3DV452 (which has a recently added feature to manage runway use), Vox742 with a mis-communicatiing PMDG777.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

thank you, vadriver, honestly, I've already thought about decompiling the code, compare the v6.52 and v7.42 .dll files and fix the thing myself...  although illegal, it should be at least possible with a little .net-programming experience, if I invest a little bit of my precious time, and since we all don't get any support at all, probably the last resort...However, I'm still waiting for Tegwyn to reply.

Edited by bmaik