Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

PMDG dropped first shot of their new NG3

Going back on topic : the lights effects look nice, but I have always felt that the cockpit itself looks the same with every release.

It should use PR textures as it still has that painted look...

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/5622575

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

10 hours ago, simbol said:

Actually some have said.

It doesn't matter what your argument or believes are. Addons require time and an SDK to be developed and produced.

If you believe an airplane with the quality of PMDG can be completed in 8 moths for a new entire groundbreaking sim, it shows how little your knowledge and understanding of how the developing cycle works.

All developers will also need to learn how to do things for the new simulator, it is not like we can connect to a mainframe like NEO in the matrix and learn in 3 seconds how everything works.

S.

It is pretty well known that Aerosoft is working closely with Microsoft to port their Airbus aircraft into MSFS2020. Yes, there is no PUBLIC SDK available, but of course even Microsoft`s own developers need some tools and apis to produce their own default aircraft. 

Therefore, I don`t think it is crazy to assume that some select developers do have access to those private tools and apis and have already started working on products for the new sim.

Regarding the NG3 for P3D, and any other add-on for that platform at this point, I will also only purchase it if there is, at least, an indication of an upgrade path to MSFS2020 in the future. 

PMDG already disappointed me twice with their no-upgrade policy moving from FSX and also not releasing the DC-6 to XP11. 

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Have to say that I am still happy flying the NGX. Couple of switches, crisper textures and EFB really does not constitute as a brand new addon to me. I'm sure that I'm the minority here, but all that development time has been spent on rather insignificant product.

An yes, I know that you will say "Hey that is just one shot and does not provide any detailed information about upcoming aircraft", and you are right. But considering how complete the NGX is, there are only certain aspects where they have room to improve. If I was the developer of NGX and upcoming NG3, then my moral integrity would not allow to market this as anything more than an upgrade package for a fairly reasonable price. Your move, PMDG, but be gentle as you know I will buy that aircraft anyway. 😒

Edited by Evros

2 hours ago, GCBraun said:

It is pretty well known that Aerosoft is working closely with Microsoft to port their Airbus aircraft into MSFS2020. Yes, there is no PUBLIC SDK available, but of course even Microsoft`s own developers need some tools and apis to produce their own default aircraft. 

Without an SDK you cannot build anything for this simulator unless you have the source code of the platform. So your wishful thinking doesn't compile or add up.

I would be surprised if Aerosoft made such an statement. This is the kind of rumors regarding 3rd party developers I am sick of hearing.

Simbol 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Evros said:

I'm sure that I'm the minority here,

Minority of two then. And expect to pay through the nose for that EFB and the sharper buttons.

45 minutes ago, Evros said:

If I was the developer of NGX and upcoming NG3, then my moral integrity would not allow to market this as anything more than an upgrade package for a fairly reasonable price. Your move, PMDG, but be gentle as you know I will buy that aircraft anyway.

It was already stated by Randazzo that the NG3 is a complete new build, practically from scratch. So i wouldn't expect just an upgrade price.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

As usual on this forum people complain and complain and complain, and in the end they all buy stuff that they complain about. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

3 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

As usual on this forum people complain and complain and complain, and in the end they all buy stuff that they complain about. 

Not all of them, no.

They need to add full acars/hoppie integration. That will in turn push more FIR on vatsim to support it.

• Upvote 1

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Without an SDK you cannot build anything for this simulator unless you have the source code of the platform. So your wishful thinking doesn't compile or add up.

I would be surprised if Aerosoft made such an statement. This is the kind of rumors regarding 3rd party developers I am sick of hearing.

Simbol 

Again, there is no PUBLIC SDK. Why do you think that a product at an Alpha stage could not have a private SDK?

Regarding Aerosoft, you just need to Google. They are on the record saying that they are CLOSELY collaborating with Microsoft in order to release airports and airplanes for MSFS2020 as early as possible.

Example (in German and already from months ago): https://www.gameswirtschaft.de/marketing-pr/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020-aerosoft/

"Spezialisten aus Diekmanns Team stehen bereits im engen Austausch mit Microsoft und haben den Flight Simulator auf potenzielle Produkte hin analysiert."

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

and  you believe  anything  from google:)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Therefore, I don`t think it is crazy to assume that some select developers do have access to those private tools and apis and have already started working on products for the new sim.

Regarding the NG3 for P3D, and any other add-on for that platform at this point, I will also only purchase it if there is, at least, an indication of an upgrade path to MSFS2020 in the future. 

PMDG already disappointed me twice with their no-upgrade policy moving from FSX and also not releasing the DC-6 to XP11. 

Totally agree!!!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

40 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Totally agree!!!

PMDG promised more planes to xplane11 years ago and did not deliver...i wonder what happened.....i guess PMDG only loves old fsx/p3d that runs their planes at 15-25fps on a 2019 $3000-$5000 pc🙄

Edited by Arthur42417

most people flying airliners use P3D.  It's only recently that Xplane has started to move forward with airplanes like the zibo etc.  They focus on the market

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, Arthur42417 said:

PMDG promised more planes to xplane11 years ago and did not deliver...i wonder what happened.....i guess PMDG only loves old fsx/p3d that runs their planes at 15-25fps on a 2019 $3000-$5000 pc🙄

Might just be that PMDG discovered XP breaks so much functionality with each update--even the minor ones--that they decided it wasn't worth having to undertake a major re-engineering and retesting effort every time a point release for XP appears.

I've had no trouble keeping the PMDG jets running at 30 fps ever since the i7-2600K build I did back in 2012.  So maybe an affinity for that old FSX/P3D is justified.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case