Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

PMDG dropped first shot of their new NG3

I am not really thinking about MFS at the moment. All of my thoughts are directed towards how I can improve the quality of P3D on my system, and that means ORBx TrueEarth GB in its entirety (hopefully with sensible resolution mesh for Scotland), and a few updated UK airports. Oh, and Raul's AI Runway Control software :cool:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 hours ago, DaWu said:

******* because you have no sdk doesnt mean noone has. You can bet that some of the biggest name are in Full addon developement for months now. Public sdk for smaller devs is a complete different thing. 

That is not how it works despite of what you want to believe. 

I move in this circle, nobody has started working on anything yet because simply put we cannot.

I dare you to find a writen statement from such big "devs" which you can count with your hands btw, that they have been writing code for months for a simulator that is not even in Alpha stage. 

You will find none. 

Next time you write on these forums try to find a calmer way to do so, nobody wish to read rude words or angry comments just because the topic is not going the way you want.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Oh, and Raul's AI Runway Control software :cool:

+1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I could be wrong here, but I am pretty certain that Asobo dev's themselves stated that they are in contact with number of third party developers. I'm not saying that these developers have access to SDK's or anything, but surely there are people who know more than most of us. And if that is the case, then it most certainly is not a one way interrogation conducted by MS/Asobo, but a dialogue between the two parties. MS/Asobo is free to pool resources from wherever they see fit without fully disclosing the details of those transactions. Now, if some developer's ego is struck by that because he has nothing of a value to bring to the table (at this stage, at least), then so be it, but that doesn't mean there is nothing going on in that field.

Now could you please take that to MSFS2020 sub-forum where there is surplus of anecdotal discussions like this, and keep this thread for P3D. Sorry for off topic.

Edited by Evros

13 hours ago, simbol said:

That is not how it works despite of what you want to believe. 

I move in this circle, nobody has started working on anything yet because simply put we cannot.

I dare you to find a writen statement from such big "devs" which you can count with your hands btw, that they have been writing code for months for a simulator that is not even in Alpha stage. 

You will find none. 

Next time you write on these forums try to find a calmer way to do so, nobody wish to read rude words or angry comments just because the topic is not going the way you want.

Regards,

Simbol 

Someone was left behind and cant accept that it seems. Whatever

Lukas Dalton

🥴 NG3, MAX or whatever.....I think they want to make few $$ and quickly....my take on all of this. We all know,  MSFS is far away, very far and very much unknown what will be and what addons will be available. We know that. In the mean time we have a beautiful simulation platform, as stable as it could be. Yeah, I get it, no slopped runways, but we are not real pilots either (sorry to few real ones here).

Let's be realistic...they haven't produced anything new (re-work on 747 v3, ok I get it), but revenue could be depleting and honestly, quite a few people are impressed with FSL and their work, feeling, immersion, reality, systems, GSX integration, FMGC, flight panning etc.......(so they could be facing music from ex employee in terms of competition, HA!) I can continue.......

With this I don't mean to bring FSL "up high to the sky" but you know what, as a original PMDG driver I am impressed with all mentioned improvements above (FSL). So,  here I see only one smart business decision by PMDG.....They will pedal this product (like it or not), they will sell it (I might go for it too!) make few bucks and get enough $$ for projects they are currently working on...perhaps they might be first on MSFS.....who knows. But, whole world is speculating, might as well me too,  LOL. Besides, once is out will see how she drives and what she can do....maybe she'll do 180 degrees, who knows...... but I am sure of one thing....PMDG boys know what they are doing and that's not speculation.....😉

Edited by cyyzrwy24
  • Like 1

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

PMDG just posted that they will be releasing the NGX v3 for MSFS only

Link to official post

I'm guessing from that post, it looks like they have already started deving for it, so that means they have some form of SDK?

Well I guess they got spooked by everyone who stated that they won't buy anything for current platforms anymore. Personally, I am not one bit sad about this announcement. NGX still provides me plenty of authentic and enjoyable flying hours. Glad to see that MAX will be included.

I hope that this announcement will also put an end to all of those "no addon developer has any information regarding new sim" posts.

Edited by Evros
  • Like 2

I agree Evros.  I fully plan on moving over to the new sim.  Maybe not immediately.  But I have plenty to keep me occupied until that time.  What would tick me off would be to buy the NG3 only to have to buy it again full price in MSFS.  So that won't happen.  Also, it looks very obvious that they have some type of SDK like many of us thought all along.  

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

46 minutes ago, Evros said:

Glad to see that MAX will be included.

What do I want to simulate an airframe model that will never get allowed into the air again? 😉

10 minutes ago, Farlis said:

will never get allowed into the air again

Uuf, that's harsh. 😁

53 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I agree Evros.  I fully plan on moving over to the new sim.  Maybe not immediately.  But I have plenty to keep me occupied until that time.  What would tick me off would be to buy the NG3 only to have to buy it again full price in MSFS.  So that won't happen.  Also, it looks very obvious that they have some type of SDK like many of us thought all along.  

How about this, you pay $200 for the NG3, and Microsoft decides to pull the plug on MSFS 2020 after about a year, like they did with Flight, and you are out $200, 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Apples and oranges Bob.

Flight was a failed marketing experiment. This is going to be the next full fledged flight sim in the MS tradition. It will not get deserted after a year.

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How about this, you pay $200 for the NG3, and Microsoft decides to pull the plug on MSFS 2020 after about a year, like they did with Flight, and you are out $200, 

You certainly don't have a lot of faith in Microsoft and keep mentioning Flight, considering ESP is Microsoft's product, it's the very reason why P3D exists and these;

1982 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0

1984 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 2.0

1988 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 3.0

1989 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0

1993 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 5.0

1995 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 5.1

1996 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 95

1997 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 98

1999 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000

2001 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002

2003 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight

2006 – Microsoft Flight Simulator X

2014 – Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

2020 – Microsoft Flight Simulator

It's okay to have a little bit of respect for Microsoft's contribution to the flight simulation scene.

• Upvote 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Kevin_28 said:

PMDG just posted that they will be releasing the NGX v3 for MSFS only

Well, well...P3D's time as "the future" didn't last long...