Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

PMDG dropped first shot of their new NG3

54 minutes ago, Holdit said:

Well, well...P3D's time as "the future" didn't last long...

Except PMDG has just released the 737 NGXabcdefP3D4.5HF2-u - an update of the 737NGX

24 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

The one last cash grab from P3D simmers.

Despite the promise of 100% of the 737NGXu cost to be available as a discount towards the NG3 (if purchased by 31st December), I'm happy enough with the original 737NGX.
I'm just going to patiently wait for the all-new NG3 in MSFS.

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

You certainly don't have a lot of faith in Microsoft and keep mentioning Flight, considering ESP is Microsoft's product, it's the very reason why P3D exists and these;

1982 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0

1984 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 2.0

1988 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 3.0

1989 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0

1993 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 5.0

1995 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 5.1

1996 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 95

1997 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 98

1999 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000

2001 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002

2003 – Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight

2006 – Microsoft Flight Simulator X

2014 – Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

2020 – Microsoft Flight Simulator

It's okay to have a little bit of respect for Microsoft's contribution to the flight simulation scene.

How come you left out "Flight"??

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

Apples and oranges Bob.

Flight was a failed marketing experiment. This is going to be the next full fledged flight sim in the MS tradition. It will not get deserted after a year.

That's exactly what they said about Flight when it came out???

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

It's interesting to see how many people are so dead set on the new FS being the best thing since sliced bread, the end all be all, the one MS will never bail on...............the one they've...only seen pics/vids of.

But nobody is interested in the mechanics of the new product and how exactly streaming works, in this case, with Azure. There are a ton of questions around how this game will "Stream" to the end-user.

The blind following leaves me at a loss.

I don't see anybody asking questions like...:

1. How does the streaming aspect of Azure work? Do I have to be constantly connected to the internet to play the simulator? If the Azure Cloud goes down, does the sim stop functioning? If MS stops supporting the sim, will they shut down the streaming service needed to populate the terrain rendering the game useless? Will there be a subscription fee for the service? Data and streaming isn't free. Outside of just sales, how will MS measure the success of the product?

2. Many of the FS fans never left flightsimming, but MS did....what's different this time? What's in it for you, MS?

2. What technology does the product use that add-on developers can utilize...or better yet, want to utilize? (Let's be honest....MSFS sucks without add-ons)

There are TONS more questions surrounding the new title, but many seem to be only be interested in screenshots/vids. It's disappointing.

• Upvote 1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

6 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

I don't see anybody asking questions like...:

1. How does the streaming aspect of Azure work? Do I have to be constantly connected to the internet to play the simulator? If the Azure Cloud goes down, does the sim stop functioning? If MS stops supporting the sim, will they shut down the streaming service needed to populate the terrain rendering the game useless? Will there be a subscription fee for the service? Data and streaming isn't free. Outside of just sales, how will MS measure the success of the product?

2. Many of the FS fans never left flightsimming, but MS did....what's different this time? What's in it for you, MS?

2. What technology does the product use that add-on developers can utilize...or better yet, want to utilize? (Let's be honest....MSFS sucks without add-ons)

There are TONS more questions surrounding the new title, but many seem to be only be interested in screenshots/vids. It's disappointing.

1. There are 3 different methods of scenery.
First is constantly connected internet streaming of photoscenery;
Second is pre-cached where you are able to download in advance the areas you are most interested in; and,
Third is landclass scenery and is for fully offline use. No subsequent internet connection required after the initial installation of the sim.
This has been confirmed by the development team in the Feature Discovery Series - Episode #1 World.

2. Like all for-profit enterprises, MS are in it for commercial success, i.e. profits. If it doesn't work, they pull the plug. Why do you feel like they owe you anything?
Other gaming publishers have pulled the plug on much-loved game series (looking at you EA)
I used to use FS9 until just 2.5 years ago, I don't feel any developer owed me anything when they all moved to FSX and P3D products.

(Let's be honest....MSFS sucks without add-ons)

What do you base that assertion on? The alpha testing hasn't even started yet.

Have you watched any of the Feature Discovery Series videos or media / influencer videos from the September open day? 
They clarify and clear-up a number of important concerns that people had that MSFS was just going to be a pretty visual extravaganza and no substance. A few highly sceptical FS media reporters had their preconceptions totally turned around after a few hours of hands-on experience with the sim.

4. Why are you asking about MSFS in the P3D forum, specifically a PMDG thread?
There's a whole forum dedicated to MSFS here.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, F737NG said:

1. There are 3 different methods of scenery.
First is constantly connected internet streaming of photoscenery;
Second is pre-cached where you are able to download in advance the areas you are most interested in; and,
Third is landclass scenery and is for fully offline use. No subsequent internet connection required after the initial installation of the sim.
This has been confirmed by the development team in the Feature Discovery Series - Episode #1 World.

2. Like all for-profit enterprises, MS are in it for commercial success, i.e. profits. If it doesn't work, they pull the plug. Why do you feel like they owe you anything?
Other gaming publishers have pulled the plug on much-loved game series (looking at you EA)
I used to use FS9 until just 2.5 years ago, I don't feel any developer owed me anything when they all moved to FSX and P3D products.

Have you watched any of the Feature Discovery Series videos or media / influencer videos from the September open day? 
They clarify and clear-up a number of important concerns that people had that MSFS was just going to be a pretty visual extravaganza and no substance. A few highly sceptical FS media reporters had their preconceptions totally turned around after a few hours of hands-on experience with the sim.

4. Why are you asking about MSFS in the P3D forum, specifically a PMDG thread?
There's a whole forum dedicated to MSFS here.

1. I never said MS owed me anything. Not sure where you go that. But ok.

2. My assertion when the Alpha Testing hasn't even started yet? What? MSFS (the Microsoft Flight Simulator series.....(MSFS was it's name in the DOS days) has been around for decades) has always been mediocre at best without add-ons. I'm not referring to the new title that hasn't been released...I'm referring to ALL of their previous titles. Can you name one FS title that you never felt the desire to use an add-on for?

3. Why am I asking about MSFS on a P3D Forum in a PMDG thread?  The title of the thread is regarding PMDG, which also recently announced their next NG will not be released for P3D in favor of the next MSFS game. Have you read the entire thread? The discussion involves not just PMDG, but the MSFS series in general. This is even noted 1-2 posts above mine.

4. Yeah, the Feature Discovery Series....a few hours of hands-on experience is not enough to get into the nuts and bolts of an application. Eventually, the "wow" factor wears off, then your app becomes a mile long and an inch deep. Of course MS is in it to make money, every company is. I just wouldn't mind knowing why the sudden interest in a niche market like flight simulators....again.

Hope this clarifies things. The not requiring internet is good news for those that may not have consistent use of it. 

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

7 hours ago, F737NG said:

On the same informations than all the "MSFS2020 will be the P3D Killer"-squallers.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png