Drumcode

PMDG dropped first shot of their new NG3

Going back on topic : the lights effects look nice, but I have always felt that the cockpit itself looks the same with every release.

It should use PR textures as it still has that painted look...

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/5622575

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

10 hours ago, simbol said:

Actually some have said.

It doesn't matter what your argument or believes are. Addons require time and an SDK to be developed and produced.

If you believe an airplane with the quality of PMDG can be completed in 8 moths for a new entire groundbreaking sim, it shows how little your knowledge and understanding of how the developing cycle works.

All developers will also need to learn how to do things for the new simulator, it is not like we can connect to a mainframe like NEO in the matrix and learn in 3 seconds how everything works.

S.

It is pretty well known that Aerosoft is working closely with Microsoft to port their Airbus aircraft into MSFS2020. Yes, there is no PUBLIC SDK available, but of course even Microsoft`s own developers need some tools and apis to produce their own default aircraft. 

Therefore, I don`t think it is crazy to assume that some select developers do have access to those private tools and apis and have already started working on products for the new sim.

Regarding the NG3 for P3D, and any other add-on for that platform at this point, I will also only purchase it if there is, at least, an indication of an upgrade path to MSFS2020 in the future. 

PMDG already disappointed me twice with their no-upgrade policy moving from FSX and also not releasing the DC-6 to XP11. 

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 3

Intel i7 9700k - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 2080 Ti - Gigabyte Aorus Z390 ULTRA - 32Gb RAM DDR4 3200 - 2tb SSD - 10Tb HDD - Samsung NU7409 43" 4K-UHD TV
Oculus Rift S (Native VR) + TrackIR
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (w. MONSTERTECH Mounts) + MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals
X-Plane 11 / Prepar3D V4 / DCS

Have to say that I am still happy flying the NGX. Couple of switches, crisper textures and EFB really does not constitute as a brand new addon to me. I'm sure that I'm the minority here, but all that development time has been spent on rather insignificant product.

An yes, I know that you will say "Hey that is just one shot and does not provide any detailed information about upcoming aircraft", and you are right. But considering how complete the NGX is, there are only certain aspects where they have room to improve. If I was the developer of NGX and upcoming NG3, then my moral integrity would not allow to market this as anything more than an upgrade package for a fairly reasonable price. Your move, PMDG, but be gentle as you know I will buy that aircraft anyway. 😒

Edited by Evros

2 hours ago, GCBraun said:

It is pretty well known that Aerosoft is working closely with Microsoft to port their Airbus aircraft into MSFS2020. Yes, there is no PUBLIC SDK available, but of course even Microsoft`s own developers need some tools and apis to produce their own default aircraft. 

Without an SDK you cannot build anything for this simulator unless you have the source code of the platform. So your wishful thinking doesn't compile or add up.

I would be surprised if Aerosoft made such an statement. This is the kind of rumors regarding 3rd party developers I am sick of hearing.

Simbol 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Evros said:

I'm sure that I'm the minority here,

Minority of two then. And expect to pay through the nose for that EFB and the sharper buttons.

Paul Synnott

45 minutes ago, Evros said:

If I was the developer of NGX and upcoming NG3, then my moral integrity would not allow to market this as anything more than an upgrade package for a fairly reasonable price. Your move, PMDG, but be gentle as you know I will buy that aircraft anyway.

It was already stated by Randazzo that the NG3 is a complete new build, practically from scratch. So i wouldn't expect just an upgrade price.

System: i9 9900k@5.1 - 16 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti 11GB

Sim/Addons: P3D v4.5HF @ 5760x1080 with ORBX Global, Vector, openLC EUR, EU Germany N&S/ENG/Wales/SCO/
IRE/NOR, Trees HD; AS4 + SF3D + EF, Envshade, FS Global Ultimate NG, EZDOK 2+TrackIR and PMDG 737NGX + Immersive Audio, PMDG 777-200, GSX2, UT Live + 3D Sounds, ProATC and many 3rd Party Airports

FSBetaTesters.png

As usual on this forum people complain and complain and complain, and in the end they all buy stuff that they complain about. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS X HERO, i7 8086k 4,8 Ghz, Corsair H100i v2, ASUS STRIX GTX1080Ti OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 840PRO, SAMSUNG 850EVO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus, ASUS PG348Q

3 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

As usual on this forum people complain and complain and complain, and in the end they all buy stuff that they complain about. 

Not all of them, no.

Paul Synnott

They need to add full acars/hoppie integration. That will in turn push more FIR on vatsim to support it.

• Upvote 1

Vincent Rouleau

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.1GHz / 16.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 2080 / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Without an SDK you cannot build anything for this simulator unless you have the source code of the platform. So your wishful thinking doesn't compile or add up.

I would be surprised if Aerosoft made such an statement. This is the kind of rumors regarding 3rd party developers I am sick of hearing.

Simbol 

Again, there is no PUBLIC SDK. Why do you think that a product at an Alpha stage could not have a private SDK?

Regarding Aerosoft, you just need to Google. They are on the record saying that they are CLOSELY collaborating with Microsoft in order to release airports and airplanes for MSFS2020 as early as possible.

Example (in German and already from months ago): https://www.gameswirtschaft.de/marketing-pr/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020-aerosoft/

"Spezialisten aus Diekmanns Team stehen bereits im engen Austausch mit Microsoft und haben den Flight Simulator auf potenzielle Produkte hin analysiert."

Edited by GCBraun

Intel i7 9700k - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 2080 Ti - Gigabyte Aorus Z390 ULTRA - 32Gb RAM DDR4 3200 - 2tb SSD - 10Tb HDD - Samsung NU7409 43" 4K-UHD TV
Oculus Rift S (Native VR) + TrackIR
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (w. MONSTERTECH Mounts) + MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals
X-Plane 11 / Prepar3D V4 / DCS

and  you believe  anything  from google:)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Therefore, I don`t think it is crazy to assume that some select developers do have access to those private tools and apis and have already started working on products for the new sim.

Regarding the NG3 for P3D, and any other add-on for that platform at this point, I will also only purchase it if there is, at least, an indication of an upgrade path to MSFS2020 in the future. 

PMDG already disappointed me twice with their no-upgrade policy moving from FSX and also not releasing the DC-6 to XP11. 

Totally agree!!!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

40 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Totally agree!!!

PMDG promised more planes to xplane11 years ago and did not deliver...i wonder what happened.....i guess PMDG only loves old fsx/p3d that runs their planes at 15-25fps on a 2019 $3000-$5000 pc🙄

Edited by Arthur42417

most people flying airliners use P3D.  It's only recently that Xplane has started to move forward with airplanes like the zibo etc.  They focus on the market

• Like 1

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM750x |  240MM AIO.  Win 10 Home. 

1 hour ago, Arthur42417 said:

PMDG promised more planes to xplane11 years ago and did not deliver...i wonder what happened.....i guess PMDG only loves old fsx/p3d that runs their planes at 15-25fps on a 2019 $3000-$5000 pc🙄

Might just be that PMDG discovered XP breaks so much functionality with each update--even the minor ones--that they decided it wasn't worth having to undertake a major re-engineering and retesting effort every time a point release for XP appears.

I've had no trouble keeping the PMDG jets running at 30 fps ever since the i7-2600K build I did back in 2012.  So maybe an affinity for that old FSX/P3D is justified.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box