Sign in to follow this  
rtodepart

newcomers may be saving a ton of cash from start

i like many of you dont have a clue of the pricing on this new sim but look at what we know so far thats going to be included on this sim out of the box and think back in time how much money we had to spend on the past to make the older sims look like what we had seen so far ???? so yes i think new simmers may be saving some $ and a ton of trouble at start . what do you think ?????

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Well I'm a season simmer and I'm going to save a ton of money!  😉

• Like 1

Well I can say I saved a bit of money since I kept waiting to jump from FSX to P3D and never made the jump. So I saved the cost of buying v1-v4 plus any additional costs of having to pay for some addons again or pay for updated versions of some addons.

When P3D v4 hit i knew I was getting closer to jumping in but figured I’d wait until v5 came along and depending on how the community view it, maybe making the move at that time.

Now, with the new version of MSFS on its way, I’ll most likely wait and see how it pans out as far as performance and addon availability. I’ll have to upgrade my rig anyway so I don’t mind waiting a little longer to move on.

In a way, I’m kind of glad that all the new versions of P3D and the point updates that kind of put me off, was just enough for me to keep waiting. I didn’t know if P3D would ever reach what I though would be the final version, but I didn’t have enough time and energy to keep buying new versions, updating with point updates and constantly checking addon compatibility.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Well I can say I saved a bit of money since I kept waiting to jump from FSX to P3D and never made the jump.

I am in the exactly same situation, was not far from either buying P3D v4.5 or waiting for v5, but now very happy that I did not go ahead.

If MS now cancelled the new FS, I think I would now rather not buy anything else after what I have seen is now possible, there would be no way to use what we have now.

As I never had any version of P3D, I don't know about the updating of it, but hope that the new FS will be easy to update.

Siggy Schwarz

I am sorry to be a little naive but I didn’t know that the purpose of a hobby was to save money. Just sayin’.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Hi

I went from fsx to P3d, bought updates and new addons. 
Enjoyed every minutes of it. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, domkle said:

I am sorry to be a little naive but I didn’t know that the purpose of a hobby was to save money. Just sayin’.

I agree! A hobby can be expensive and I've never had an issue on paying money for addons if i felt that it was going to make me happier. If i could afford it i bought it, if i couldnt i held out for a little then bought it later. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, domkle said:

I am sorry to be a little naive but I didn’t know that the purpose of a hobby was to save money.

It's also not the purpose of a hobby to cost money. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Farlis said:

It's also not the purpose of a hobby to cost money. 😉

This is debatable. There always is some fun in buying something  you don’t really need 😊.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I'm also not going to measure how much economy "I would have made if..." or "I will make if...". I enjoy flight simulators and when something innovative arrives in aircraft or scenery I will buy it if I can afford it. The enjoyment of exploring something new that a developer has put a lot of thought, experience and love into it, is something worth the money for me. When the new sim comes I wish I can buy everything I want and I won't be thinking how much I paid in the past. That's the reality of an evolving hobby if you want to stay in the front line. 

• Like 3

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Lets ask all the patrons who are hooked on Amazon Prime how much stuff they ordered in the last few years that they didn't really need...  

• Upvote 1

this went a different direction from what i was looking for .

Image removed as image is no longer available.

On 10/29/2019 at 4:37 AM, domkle said:

Affirm.  I've spent too much on flightsim over the years LOL!

I frequently hear from dearly beloved "you're spending money on pretend airplanes?"

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Or spent $5 on fsx, had rex airports and pretty much it. Nobodies made anything I wanted

I totally agree with you. Currently in order to have a descent flight simming experience you need to have some cash to spend (realistic weather, scenery, airports, ...). This may sound harsh and not friendly towards the current (excellent) add-on developers but I can only be excited by the fact that MS will now include a large number of features (that are currently not included) into it's stock version. I mean, we can't be expecting to pay for good weather, detailed scenery and etc? Imagine if you would have to pay for more detailed maps in Battlefield for example.

• Like 1

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.