Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

It's getting tiring...(the flight sim vegans)

Can I ask some people to please stop in every opportunity informing us that they won't buy any add-on until MSFS is released? You can find these people in:

1) MSFS preview topics
2) New P3D/XP product releases
3) Previews of upcoming P3D/XP products

They are the flight sim vegans. They won't lose an opportunity to let everyone know that they wont buy anything before MSFS is released.

To these people, can you please stop? It's getting too repetitive and not adding any value to the discussion. Everybody is free to do what he wants with his money.

Keep that information for you.

Thank you.

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 4

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Good luck with that! :biggrin:

• Like 9

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

20 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

They are the flight sim vegans. 

I have no idea what this has to do with vegans, except that you make it sound like an insult to both, vegans and flight sim users.

You would be surprised how rapidly the sales for FSX/P3D and x-plane add-ons have  already dropped within the last few month and with each video Asobo releases, the decline in sales seems to accelerate. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

I think everyone is entitled to express their intentions relating flight sim... these are flight sim forums and they are flight sim news. Its called general flight sim discussion and thats what we are here for. No need to get annoyed by it.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Just now, FDEdev said:

I have no idea what this has to do with vegans, except that you make it sound like an insult to both, vegans and flight sim users.

I don't want to insult anyone, but it is well known that the majority of vegans tend to not lose an opportunity to let people around them that they are vegans. You can find many jokes on the internet about that. 

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-vegans-always-announcing-that-they-are-vegan-I-am-a-meat-eater-and-don-t-go-around-telling-everyone-I-meet-I-m-a-carnivore

• Like 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

10 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

I think everyone is entitled to express their intentions relating flight sim... these are flight sim forums and they are flight sim news. Its called general flight sim discussion and thats what we are here for. No need to get annoyed by it.  

Sure, but don't you think the "no buy until MSFS is released" has been over expressed ? Phrases like "I won't be buying anything for P3D/XP again" or "That's probably my last P3D/XP purchase" or "I'm sorry, too late, MSFS is coming". Come on, its getting tiring really..Does it add anything to the people reading about a new P3D/XP product? No, in my opinion.

And if you ask me, what they do is insulting to the rest. Would you go to a product exhibition and say to the attendees, "I won't buy anything like that because there is a new company coming next year in town". 

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

It's tiresome as it doesn't add anything to, usually detracts from, the conversation.

To me, it is like a bunch of people saying what they had for breakfast. Factually correct, but nothing of relevant substance.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

deleted

Edited by FDEdev

Do I see the large shadow of a scissor looming above this thread 👀

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, domkle said:

Do I see the large shadow of a scissor looming above this thread 👀

VERY possible! 😉  The hills have eyes!:ph34r:

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

VERY possible! 😉  The hills have eyes!:ph34r:

Unrelated, but I just had breakfast.

Wanted to let people know.

• Like 7

Related, I'm not going to buy an add-on for FSX/P3D or x-plane anymore, just wanted to let people know.

Thanx for creating this thread! 😂

Edited by FDEdev

7 minutes ago, NotASenator said:

Was it vegan?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NotASenator said:

I had lunch myself and I swear that I won’t eat anything before dinner.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, iwebber said:

Was it vegan?

If it was healthy, most probably yes 😉

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 1